how to invert mount a sub ???

run it out of phase by flipping the positive and negative. if you don't the sub(s) will be moving in while your door speakers are moving out. that'll cancel out frequencies.
its not about the door speakers. If the polarity of the inverted sub isn't reversed one cone pushes out while the other pulls in resulting in zero net displacement.

Make sure the surround doesn't hit the edges of the hole. My sub fits fine in the hole we cutout but when I tried to invert it that didn't work because the surround was wider than the hole.

its not about the door speakers. If the polarity of the inverted sub isn't reversed one cone pushes out while the other pulls in resulting in zero net displacement.

i was assuming that he was inverting both subs. i've always flipped polarity on both and never had any problems with sq.

but about two weeks ago my cousin wanted me to check out his system cause of lack of bass, except when the trunk was open. low low freq. were the only ones that would really play, even though you could see the subs playing all freq.

turns out he hooked the subs up out of phase, not from each other, just in relation to the door/deck speakers. when i changed these, all was fixed. that is what lead me to the cancellation statement.

still not sure why the trunk being open had anything to do with bass response.... anyone?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.