How to install audio processor?

Participant count
  • Participant list

scampo77

I want to install an audio processor for the first time. I am not sure how to install one. I have 4 mid range speakers and 4 tweeters and 4 component crossovers, and 2 subs.

If I remove the passive crossover filters, and run everything full active, do I need to have each of the 10 speakers on its own channel? That would mean a 4 channel amp for 4 tweeters?? That seems crazy to me. Or would I wire the tweet to the mid and throw them together on one channel of the amp?

If I decide to keep the crossovers installed, can I still use an audio processor?

From what I understand the processor will go between the head unit and the amplifiers, and I think it has RCA leads in and out??? Am I wrong?

Either the Audison or Kicker but I am open to suggestions. I am starting to wonder how close to a flat response I will be able to get using the passive crossovers that came with the speaker set and using the head unit EQ.

If you go active, yes you need a channel for each of the speakers unless your amp will put out enough power to wire multiple ones up then you could go down on the final resistance, again if your amp can handle it.

No you cannot wire your tweets to your mids as they both need to have different crossover points, which is currently what your passive crossovers are doing. When you go active you have to set those crossover points yourself.

Yes you can still use the passive crossovers but then you wouldn't be using the processor to its full potential imo. What tweets/mids/subs/head unit do you have?

Here is the speakers

PHOENIX GOLD RSD6.5CS OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.

Here is the head unit

https://www.talkstuff.net/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/source/sony-wx-gt90bt-bluetooth-2-din-head-unit-r1489

The 2 subs are the shallow pioneer 8" style

I have a ton of different amps, I just need to know what I am doing first and how many channels I will need. I have fiberglassed a side slider for a nexus 7 tablet that will join to the head unit via bluetooth or usb, i havent figured it out yet. This is all being installed into a smart car so space is at a premium.

If I do keep the system passive it will require a ton of more custom fiberglass work so I will have somewhere to put the cross over network. But the cost is SIGNIFIGANTLY less. I would require..

1x 4 channel amp to power the cross overs

1x mono amp for subs

if I go active (from what I am figuring out) I will need a.....

1x 4 channel amp for mid range speakers

1x 4 channel amp for tweeters

1x single channel amp for the subs and

2x!! Audison Bit Ten processors????

That's retarded!! There is no way this is how people are setting up an active system. the cost in signal processors alone is almost $1000. the Bit Tens seem to have 5 channels in and 5 out, which makes sense if each channel is driving each corner and subs , even each corner and a center stage. but if I want to use mids and tweets together and be active? this is my solution?

If I am understanding this correctly, is there an app I could use on the tablet, that could straighten out the frequency response a little bit? Possibly replace the processor hardware with a software solution?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.