How to hook up the illuminate blue lights on hifonics speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
There is a 12 volt + and - terminal on the speakers for the illumination (don't confuse with audio + and - terminals).

Connect the - to chassis ground.

For the + terminal, you have several choices:

1. Connect the + to the remote output terminal from the head unit so the illumination is on only when the head unit is on.

2. Connect the + to one side of an on/off toggle switch and the other end to constant 12 volts (with 5 amp fuse) so you can turn on or off when you want (becarefull not to forget to turn off).

3. Connect the + to one end of an on/off toggle switch and the other end to an accessory switched 12 volt source (with 5 amp fuse) so you can turn the illumination on and off when the vehicle ignition is on only.

idk, if you'd want to run LED's off the remote output of your HU, how much current do they draw? If you go that route, I'd wire up a relay.

The LED's draw about 85 milliamps of current which is less then a standard Bosch relay which requires about a 180 milliamps to activate.

It will not be a problem for the remote output to activate the LED's and the amp turn on circuit.

A typical remote output is capable of about .75 to 1 amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.