Slight distortion problem. Wires crossed ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishguy
10+ year member

Got lobster!!!
So Cal
After messing with my system for a while now after the install I noticed that my components have a slight and hard to describe buzz type distortion on some songs even at really low volume levels. It’s not motor or alt. noise or anything like that though. Is it possible the installer may have crossed a wire?? My son has the same head unit and components as I do but his sound cleaner. Also, what would a crossed wire make the speakers sound like?? Or could it be because my amp is running at 4ohms but my components are 2ohms?? Trying to clean the sound up and any help is appreciated. Also just got two PG 232EQ’s to hook up. Hope those help clean up the sound even more!!!

Think we figuered it out. I believe it was the Ipod and how some song where downloaded onto it or something as some songs where crystal clear while a couple others sounded crackly. all good now though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.