Looking to go in a completely different direction

Participant count
  • Participant list

scottyk
10+ year member

lil' nig
NY
So let me fill you in quick, it'll probably help everyone point me in the real direction I want to go. I started off buying a Pontiac vibe (don't knock me, I love this car) last spring and instantly wanted to go big. Bought 2 HDC3 12's, 2 2200D's, a big ole' box; the whole deal (I wanted to hit 150). Now starting here I made the classic mistake I always hear about...building a rear stage and ignoring the front stage. Left the stock speakers and basically went big with the subs. Granted I was told different but I ignored it, this was my first 'big time' system, as you could put it. (before that I just had a cheap MA 18)

Quickly realized the investment to get the 2 amps up to par electrically was honestly one I didn't want to make. I sold it all and kept the wiring and one amp and went with 2 DD 1508's. Now these I like a lot...but I'll be straight with you all, my musical tastes are leaning more and more towards all just rock/alternative/metal/etc and farther and farther from anything considered 'bass music'. I'm realizing I really want to do a sealed set-up. And probably just 1 8. I'd seal one DD 8 but I hear they're probably one of the last 8's you would wanna seal up. I know there are a whole slew of woofers out there geared toward SQ and it's taken me a few different set-ups to realize I really want to go that way. Now I really want to do this right, I want to build a sweet front stage, amps the speakers, all that jazz and do one 8 or 10 sealed. What would you guys suggest? Keep in mind I listen to a ton of metal/hardcore so double bass and quick-paced music is a huge part of what I listen to. That and I want my hatch back for storage again so I'm only looking for one woofer. I've had these 2 1508's for probably 3/4's of a year and I don't think I've really broken them in much more than the day I got them because I just never push them enough. Might as well just do one sub, yeah?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.