how to figure out the Farad rating on a capacitor?

This isn't as easy as the title sounds. I got a free Capacitor from a friend. The Capacitor literally says nothing on it. No label of any sort, or any impressions in the aluminum housing (aside from scratches and dings from age) to give me any indication of the Farad rating. Is there any sort of way to test the storage or output to determine the farad rating?

I'll be running 3 caps along with the 2 batteries in my car. one on constant power, one on ignition power, and one on amps. I have no idea what his system is but it won't hurt anything really

I would toss it, from what ive heard, If you dont have enough Fared's it could hurt but you dont have to worry about too much Fared.....BUT keep in mind I am a newbie to this. lol

I would toss it, from what ive heard, If you dont have enough Fared's it could hurt but you dont have to worry about too much Fared.....BUT keep in mind I am a newbie to this. lol
it shows *farad

capacitors have their place, just because you guys don't know how to use them doesn't mean they are worthless
I am pretty sure I know how to use a capacitor.

step 1) remove from car

step 2) place on shelf in garage

That is what I have done with the 15 farad that I was sold back in the day

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.