Crackling After Wiring Parallel

jbird6143

ATX
so this is the first stereo system that im wiring my self lucky me my other vehicles have had everything set up just plug and play. but now im starting from the ground up. I have a 97 explorer i upgraded the cd player to a jvc cheap but sooner or later i want a dvd player. anyways i just installed 2 kicker k68 and wired it normal. i wasnt gettin quite the bass that i had been reading about in reviews so i did a lil research. i found that it would be better to run them parallel. by the way the speakers are 4 ohms and so is the cd player. from what i read running them parallel would knock it down to 2 ohms which gives better bass???? I wish i could find if that is true but when i turn the volume past 20 they start crackling and i cant really tell if its picking up the lows. pls someone help if u need more info id be glad to give it thx in advance

so this is the first stereo system that im wiring my self lucky me my other vehicles have had everything set up just plug and play. but now im starting from the ground up. I have a 97 explorer i upgraded the cd player to a jvc cheap but sooner or later i want a dvd player. anyways i just installed 2 kicker k68 and wired it normal. i wasnt gettin quite the bass that i had been reading about in reviews so i did a lil research. i found that it would be better to run them parallel. by the way the speakers are 4 ohms and so is the cd player. from what i read running them parallel would knock it down to 2 ohms which gives better bass???? I wish i could find if that is true but when i turn the volume past 20 they start crackling and i cant really tell if its picking up the lows. pls someone help if u need more info id be glad to give it thx in advance
Are they powered by the head unit? I would wire them back to 4ohm if so( 1 per channel). Your head unit amp isn't going to last long at 2ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not understand your post for a few resons

1) please use the 'ENTER KEY' every now and then, it makes reading your post much easier

2) What are kicker k68's? A quick Google search did not give any results

3) are you not using an amp? If you are not using an Amp then your only wiring option is 1 speaker per channel.

4) are you trying to run subwoofers off a HU?

yeah powered by the head unit. i connected both speakers to the right rear speaker wires of the head unit. should i just by an amp for the rear speakers?

I do not understand your post for a few resons
1) please use the 'ENTER KEY' every now and then, it makes reading your post much easier

2) What are kicker k68's? A quick Google search did not give any results

3) are you not using an amp? If you are not using an Amp then your only wiring option is 1 speaker per channel.

4) are you trying to run subwoofers off a HU?
soryy ks68

no amp just head unit

no sub as of yet working on factory speakers first

yeah powered by the head unit. i connected both speakers to the right rear speaker wires of the head unit. should i just by an amp for the rear speakers?
Yep if you want them louder an amp would be needed. Most head units are only intended for a minimum 4 ohm load per channel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yep if you want them louder an amp would be needed. Most head units are only intended for a minimum 4 ohm load per channel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
now the question is what amp should i get since they are only 45w rms

a small one lol there are a bajillion different ones on the market that would fit your needs. What kind of budget you looking at? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

a small one lol there are a bajillion different ones on the market that would fit your needs. What kind of budget you looking at? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
budget is no problem but maybe i should look for an amp that would run the spjeakers and a sub at the same time for future use

4 speakers and a sub? Lots of 5 channels out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

4 speakers and a sub? Lots of 5 channels out there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
thanks alot i didnt know before now about hookin up speakers to amps i thought that was only for subs

I have a nice 4 channel MB Quart Amp

I have it installed right now running a Componet Set of MB Quarts in the front (100 watts x 2)

Head Unit powering rear speakers

And the other 2 channels bridged (200x1) running a JL Audio 10" Sub

It sounds real good.

I have 2 JL Audio amps here so I am removing the MB Quart and installing them.

$100 shipped to you for the MB Quart amp - it is in perfect mechanical shape and 9/10 cosmetically

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.