How to CORRECTLY break-in a sub??

So, let me get this straight. Because you have wasted more time on the internet than me and posted 15,xxx times more crap than me, that makes you smarter or more educated, how does that work? Especially considering the statement I made, AGAIN, was directed to the tread starter as informational, not towards anyone else.
You quoted my post, cupcake //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

And no, i've put in work. Try the search feature....or google me.

All the car manufactures say you should take it easy and let the new engine "break-in" before taking it to high rpm, do everyone do it? No, and those cars are the ones that will have engine problems later on.
Not true most state that you should avoid highway driving where the rpm is constant for long periods of time. The rings need varible rpms and vac to seat. This is my preferred break in for a motor. You dont see and racing motors being broke in easy, they build it strap it on the dyno and put in the car to race.

Oh about the speakers?? who knows LOL

i just threw my 9500 in the box and put power to them never broke mine in and i been running them for over a year and half no problems what so ever

You quoted my post, cupcake //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
And no, i've put in work. Try the search feature....or google me.
I wish I could tell people to google me. That sounds fucking important.

i just set up my new subs and i'm letting them break in but any time i really start to open them up they start to stank so i always turn em down. i don't know if this is just "breakin them in" or if theres something stanky goin on here

I'm a car audio newb, but I'm a 2 channel and headphone veteran, probably been doing it longer than most of you have been alive.

I've never done a "break in" on anything, but I can tell you that speakers do sound better with a little time on them.

I'm a car audio newb, but I'm a 2 channel and headphone veteran, probably been doing it longer than most of you have been alive.
I've never done a "break in" on anything, but I can tell you that speakers do sound better with a little time on them.
There is no question the soft parts of the suspension on a new speaker loosen up during its first hours/days/weeks of play time. This alters the speaker's t/s specs to the nominal advertised values you (hopefully) designed your box to, cresting a "better" sound. That is all common knowledge. What is being debated here is if any specific procedure is necessary to soften the suspension correctly.

Note to self: if I ever want to start a shitstorm on CA, all I have to do is ask if you have to break in a sub before playing it full tilt //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

There is no question the soft parts of the suspension on a new speaker loosen up during its first hours/days/weeks of play time. This alters the speaker's t/s specs to the nominal advertised values you (hopefully) designed your box to, cresting a "better" sound. That is all common knowledge. What is being debated here is if any specific procedure is necessary to soften the suspension correctly.
Correct, and there is not debate, the answer is no.

nG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.