How to Connect Stereo, equalizer, and two Amplifiers??

jrnisaac

Good day all, i am pretty familiar with installing systems, it used to be my hobby. But now things are a bit more advanced. The stereo I have is a BOSS BV7320. It has two sets of RCA jacks (front left and right and back left and right) and it also has a subwoofer single RCA jack. I also have an equalizer (pre-amp) that i want to use (to get that cleaner sound). The equalizer thou, only has one set of audio input RCA jacks, and one set of out RCA jacks. one of the amps that I am running for the highs is a four channel, (front and rear) inputs. and the amp that will be pushing the bass is a two channel which I was going to Bridge. How do i connect all this?

thanks,

View attachment 26521585

I know that when i run the lines to the 4 channel amp i need to split the one pair of RCA jacks to accomodate the 4 RCA jacks. But how about comming out of the stereo and going into the Equalizer. Or should i not use an eq in this case?

tell me if the diagram looks good of if im going to blow something up,

Thanks everyone.

You have the right idea with the sub out. There is no need to use y splitters when connecting the head unit to the eq. Just hook up the front channels of the HU to the input of the EQ. Which four channel amp are you using? It might have an option so u can use a 2 channel rca cable, but still get signal to all 4 channels without using the y splitters.

My car is at the shop and i cannot remember the brand of the amp. feel stupid. It's a four channel thou, with crossover so I can instruct either channels for high or low pass. I will be using it for high pass only. Ok, i'm glad i am on the right track. i will just use the front outs comming off the HU, connect to input on eq, come out with the two outputs on the eq, and from here i will send out to 4 channel amp. I will check to see if this amp has option to only use the two RCA cables, what is that setting normally called? If it does not hanndle that 2 RCA funciton i will proceed with Y splitters correct?

My car is at the shop and i cannot remember the brand of the amp. feel stupid. It's a four channel thou, with crossover so I can instruct either channels for high or low pass. I will be using it for high pass only. Ok, i'm glad i am on the right track. i will just use the front outs comming off the HU, connect to input on eq, come out with the two outputs on the eq, and from here i will send out to 4 channel amp. I will check to see if this amp has option to only use the two RCA cables, what is that setting normally called? If it does not hanndle that 2 RCA funciton i will proceed with Y splitters correct?
Is this your only amp? Are you going to run subs from this amp as well? If so I would send the Front L&R RCA's to the eq , then to inputs 1 & 2 on the Amp. Send the sub RCA to input 3 on the Amp (bridged 3&4) as the sub channel. Then send the rear L&R speaker outputs direct to the rear speakers. Leave the rear RCA's unused.

This way your front speakers run thru the eq, and channels 1&2 on the amp, your sub runs of the amp channels 3&4 (mono bridged) and the rear speakers are run direct off the HU amplifier. This will allow your controls in the HU to correctly operate all your outputs and still give you amplifier power to the speakers that need it.

I am actually running two amps, one is a four channel which i am planning to use with the highs, and the other i will use for the bass. So on the RCA's comming out of the HU, connect the sub out comming out of the HU and Y split to connect to the Bass AMP, then the Front L&R connect to the EQ, and then come out to the CH 1&2 Front, then the Rear L&R from the HU send straight to CH 3&4 of the amp. but i have a question, does this mean that only the front speakers will be enhanced by the eq and not the rear speakers?

That is all correct, except nothing is being "enhanced". Eq's just let you adjust the freq bands. Cut or boost a few bands, usually to compensate for speakers, cabin or loudness. Your HU probably has eq built in. I don't have eq at all. Just basic Bass and Trebble. If you want it, that's fine. It's a 2 channel eq, so there is no real way to get 4 channels thru it. You could just "y" it after the eq to the front and rear amp channels, but your fade control on your head unit will not actually fade front to rear, because they are both coming from a 2 channel eq, when you need 4 channels. Either way, depends on which you want. It doesn't matter if you "y" it before or after the eq. Either way your trying to get 4 channels from a 2 channel. I would suggest not running the rear off the eq, since different speakers will require different eq adjustments anyway.

If you only eq the fronts, then you can still control the rears seperately from the HU.

Just joined I couldn't help it after reading the ridiculous comments for your post. Here's what's up.
connect your front outputs from head unit to preamp input.
Connect the amp u want to use for your highs to the front output on preamp.
Connect amp for subs to the sub output on preamp.
If u choose to run a 3rd amp with additional speakers connect 3rd amp to the rear output on preamp.
Supply power to all amps individually and ground all to one source with proper gauge wire. This is the basic setup for your described system. Of course there's more to do to get more performance out of your system ha,ha there always is.

Just joined I couldn't help it after reading the ridiculous comments for your post. Here's what's up.
connect your front outputs from head unit to preamp input.
Connect the amp u want to use for your highs to the front output on preamp.
Connect amp for subs to the sub output on preamp.
If u choose to run a 3rd amp with additional speakers connect 3rd amp to the rear output on preamp.
Supply power to all amps individually and ground all to one source with proper gauge wire. This is the basic setup for your described system. Of course there's more to do to get more performance out of your system ha,ha there always is.

Only 12 years late....

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...