How to clean up old sound deadener

Participant count
  • Participant list

andeee

Hi guys,

New to the forum, used to be on a local australian forum but that closed down due to low activity.

Straight to the point, I've currently got Focal Bam sound deadener and that has been disappointing. It keeps peeling off the inner skins of the doors and smears on my windows everytime they go down, had enough of that and want to remove it.

I've already tried peeling it off and it's easy but it does leave behind some of the adhesive. What's the best way to remove that adhesive?

Take a heatgun to it, slowly heat it up and see if that peels back any easier.
Got it wrong mate :p The sheet itself is easy to peel off since it's not very tacky, it's the left over black adhesive that I'd like any easy solution to remove.

Got it wrong mate :p The sheet itself is easy to peel off since it's not very tacky, it's the left over black adhesive that I'd like any easy solution to remove.
Again try a heatgun to make the stuff easier to remove, mate. Otherwise, use some mineral spirits, acetone, etc razor knife to remove what you want.

Again try a heatgun to make the stuff easier to remove, mate. Otherwise, use some mineral spirits, acetone, etc razor knife to remove what you want.
Wanted to save my finger tips from trying to rub the left over adhesive off, think I'll have to get some plastic razors blades as I'm not too keen on using metal ones. Mineral spirits and rags sounds good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.