how much better is the rockford fosgate P3 15" thin the 15"P1

casey87
10+ year member

I just got a 15" p1 with tax and all i paid 103.95 i put it in a 6.7 cube Virtual Technologies vented spl box. the sub didnt even last one hr!!! which i thought was real shity. so i called the car audio store and they will replace it or i can upgrade it to a p2-p3 or T1-T2, but i dont want to spend alot of money. the p2 will be 60 bucks diff and the p3 will cost 100 with the blown p1. my q is? how much better does the p3 sound thin the p1 and is the t1 any good?

Friend has a p3 12" hits decent. But other friend has 15" T1 in slot ported box in 94 integra and it slams makes it hard to breath at times. imo go with t1 u will not be disappointed!

i have a freind that has a rockford 15" p1 and the box he had was a full box and he cut it in half and he has a 1500 rockford amp and he briged it and it fried both speaker.what do i do should i get the p3

The P1's are total garbage, the P2's weren't much better, I went through 8 of those. The P3's are decent if they are in the right enclosure, 6+ cubes sounds like a lot of airspace for one of those subs, should be closer to 3 cubes. The P1's are rated closer to 150 watts, and UI'm sure thats all they could handle. The P3's handle more and from the professional reviews I saw on them they do handle the power they are supposed to, if they are in the correct enclosure. If you don't need a thin sub, then you may as well go with the regular P3 in a good ported box instead of the P3 thin sub. Rockfords overall are all crappy entry level sub's, at least for the past 10 years they have been.

the subs will do well on rated power, all u have to do is follow the specs on the box volume and rms watts. The P-1s are rated at 200 wrms and 400 max, min vented box is 2.00 cu.ft, max is 2.80 tuned to 33.9 hz. Plus they only have a 1.5 inch vc, so i could see how you blew the sub within an hour. i'm surprised it lasted that long. i suggest either find a sub that would work in your VT box, or build you a box to specs for your new sub.

you guys understand that subs have a break in period right??you cant just hammer any sub as soon as you get it,because you will blow it...

hmmm I will have to disagree. Subs will get louder and lower as the suspension loosens up but as far as saying they will blow if you give them there rated power right off the bat is a untrue statement.

I just got a 15" p1 with tax and all i paid 103.95 i put it in a 6.7 cube Virtual Technologies vented spl box. the sub didnt even last one hr!!! which i thought was real shity. so i called the car audio store and they will replace it or i can upgrade it to a p2-p3 or T1-T2, but i dont want to spend alot of money. the p2 will be 60 bucks diff and the p3 will cost 100 with the blown p1. my q is? how much better does the p3 sound thin the p1 and is the t1 any good?
just read your sig... you have an 18" Jugg.. and you are buying P1's and putting them in 6.7cuft enclosures.. what the F man... use your 1 jugg 18" and call it a day.. why would you attempt to use a PATHETIC sub like a P1 when you have a Jugg?

6.7ft^3 for 1 x 15" sub....Wow enough said. That sub needs like 2.5ft^3...

You think you can just use any box you want for any sub? Dude subs have enclosure recommendations for a reason...And 6.7ft^3 is way too big, that's probably what led to the blown sub, and or a clipped/dirty signal from a cheap amp that is tuned all wrong...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.