How many watts from an old Rockford Fosgate 40x2?

Hey all, how many watts can I get out of an old RF 40x2 amp. And is it 2 ohm stable when bridged mono?
this is what you got, there was punch 40, 40i, 40ix, 40x2. they just didnt change the amps design as frequently as they do today.
I have a punch 40×2 Trans-Ana os I'm using it for 2 12s p2s duell voice coil is that amp sufficient enough for the subs? I always felt that there was a possibility it may not ..always wondered what the amp was putting out..I don't have it briged just basic left and right hook up my 12s are rated 600 - 800..is the punch 40×2 big enough to supply subs of power they need? Or should I bridge it to 2ohms? Reason I didn't bridge was the research I read stated at higher levels it would not distort and was cleaner at high volumes..plz give me ur thoughts on this I would realy like to know..it sounds good but I feel it could sound better far as bass tone at higher volume I have to cut back on bass volume on certaine songs that have realy heavy bass notes in it rely like to hear input on this plz Jesse jones

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...