How many people use their stock car speakers wires to run the front speakers?

Bad_dude
10+ year member

I am having trouble running new speaker cables to my front door.

I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX, 4 doors, 4 speed automatic.

I have the Alpine components SPS600C in the front and Coaxial SPS17C2 in the rear deck. Running off the JVC head unit with 20W RMS each channel, it sounds clear and great. However, I want a little, not a lot, more bump and volume in the speakers, so I am going to hook up a used old school 4 channel JBL Model GTQ 240. It's about 45-50W RMS each channel. I would think the stock speaker cable to my front doors are 22AWG.

How many people are using their amp connecting to the car stock speaker cables? I don't think the SQ would be noticeably different to the human ears, at least mine.

Any opinion or advice on this matter? Right now, I want to mount the amp in the back of my seat and run 14 gauge cables to the back of the head unit and tap into the stock speaker cables from there to my doors.

Thanks for any input.

I am having trouble running new speaker cables to my front door.I have a 1990 Honda Accord LX, 4 doors, 4 speed automatic.

I have the Alpine components SPS600C in the front and Coaxial SPS17C2 in the rear deck. Running off the JVC head unit with 20W RMS each channel, it sounds clear and great. However, I want a little, not a lot, more bump and volume in the speakers, so I am going to hook up a used old school 4 channel JBL Model GTQ 240. It's about 45-50W RMS each channel. I would think the stock speaker cable to my front doors are 22AWG.

How many people are using their amp connecting to the car stock speaker cables? I don't think the SQ would be noticeably different to the human ears, at least mine.

Any opinion or advice on this matter? Right now, I want to mount the amp in the back of my seat and run 14 gauge cables to the back of the head unit and tap into the stock speaker cables from there to my doors.

Thanks for any input.
Could you use the stock speaker wire to pull better wire?

that's simple install. jump the wires behind the head unit and you just have to run around 8ft of speaker wire from the back deck. done. i've done this for up to 100 watts per speakers.

you will probably only lose a little power using that wire with only 50 watts. i think you would be ok. there will be no SQ difference at all! personally 22 wire is tweeter wire though:D

Dont "tap" into the factory wiring. Run new wiring from the deck to the speakers, through the door gronmets and connect directly to speakers. Do it right the first time, it doesnt take long nor is it hard

30 foot spool of 14 gauge is 10 bucks

Dont "tap" into the factory wiring. Run new wiring from the deck to the speakers, through the door gronmets and connect directly to speakers. Do it right the first time, it doesnt take long nor is it hard
30 foot spool of 14 gauge is 10 bucks
I disagree. Running wire from the rear amplifier to the deck is sufficient in most cases. Even though the stock wiring is small, it will see no more than 5 amps on a 100 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.