how many of you did your on install ?

pluto
10+ year member

nc
Or is it better to pay someone your hard earned bucks.****, this is an expensive venture i have taken upon. Am learning as i go. Belive I will hang around here and learn from you guys how to do this myself. Have just bought alpine 9851, jl-xr650 comps, jlxr-570 coaxials, jl 300/4 amp, jl 4awg install kit, jl rca's.Not planning to add a sub at this time .does this sound like a pretty good setup.Got everything but the headunit off of E-bay,now just have to bring it all together. 93-f-150 two door extended cab. Can anybody suggest anythinig else I can do to improve my system.Thanks- Later.

I have always done my own installs, but don't get me wrong, there are a few great shops that I would trust -- mainly to fiberglass kicks.

Box-building is another story. I am loyal to Mr Marv and the work he does.

This will be my first one since that ''EIGHTTRACK'' in 73. S*** now i've gone and told my age. Seriously- I'm going to try and install this system and if anyone wants to chime in and give me some pointers, I'll take-um !!! Hey, I was'nt kidding about that 8- track either.

I've done all of my own work...I feel better about it that way. No shop around here would take the same amount of time that I do, or pay anywhere near enough attention to the job.

yea. its the only way of getting things done right. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif and it is cheaper

Chriscivic built my box. Me and my brother did everything else. I'll post some pics of my first install soon.
Haha, you have a Gen3 Camry?

You system looks almost exactly like my 1st-ever one 3 years ago. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

'Cept mine was better. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.