how many of you did your on install ?

Myself and most of us peeps here in Caraudio.com are do it yourselfers and wouldent let anyone touch our rides.

Besides,I never pay for it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

when you do the 6.5 inch components for the front doors, just put a 3/4 inch piece of mdf with a cutout for the component woofer, and make it bigger than the 5x7 hole, and then place the speaker in the wood "baffle" and place that over the old hole, because you have 5x7's all around if i'm not mistaken.

i hope that made sense, you're pretty much building something so you can have a 6.5 in the door instead of those stupid 5x7's

Or is it better to pay someone your hard earned bucks.****, this is an expensive venture i have taken upon. Am learning as i go. Belive I will hang around here and learn from you guys how to do this myself. Have just bought alpine 9851, jl-xr650 comps, jlxr-570 coaxials, jl 300/4 amp, jl 4awg install kit, jl rca's.Not planning to add a sub at this time .does this sound like a pretty good setup.Got everything but the headunit off of E-bay,now just have to bring it all together. 93-f-150 two door extended cab. Can anybody suggest anythinig else I can do to improve my system.Thanks- Later.

Wouldn't have been so bad if you hadn't bought all JL... I've always done my own installs since I was 16, had Circuit city install a set of speakers in my old car ONCE... saw what they did and never let anyone else do my stuff.

I've done 3 installs now, 2 of which were somewhat 'elaborate'. nothing crazy with fiberglass or anything, but 2 custom trunk floors, all nicely finsihed, functional and showy. my current install we put a LOT of time and work and stress and love into and it came out very well, 7 months later on no problem. like I said, not overly complicated but I don't have a lot of experience, so this was a stretch for us.

I've actually done ALL the work on my car myself (with the help of my pops for the install, and a buddy from a local shop on the visors), except for the alarm, lowering and tint, and there is quite a bit of gear in my car.

here's what we came up with, progress pics at http://www.2k4civic.com/install.html

trunk.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.