How many inline fuses?

Participant count
  • Participant list

KlutzyLou

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everybody. I have a NVX JAD900 amp and I'm in the process of ordering cable, fuses, etc... The manual says to place a fuse >18" of the amp and >18" of the battery. This is my first build though and through all my research and all the videos I've watched it seems like people only install one fuse close to the battery. Should I do what the manual says? I have no problem doing that I'm just curious what the difference/advantage is vs just one. Also the manual says to use 2x40 Amp fuses. The amplifier will draw 82A at max load. (So I should get an 80 amp fuse right?) Aren't the fuses going to constantly blow?

Just put a 80 amp fuse at the battery.
As far as blowing the 80 amp fuse with 82 amps, don’t worry about it. Automotive fuses are “slow blow” fuses. Unless you drive around playing test tones at full volume for minutes at a time, the fuses will be fine.

Just put a 80 amp fuse at the battery.
As far as blowing the 80 amp fuse with 82 amps, don’t worry about it. Automotive fuses are “slow blow” fuses. Unless you drive around playing test tones at full volume for minutes at a time, the fuses will be fine.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.