How many fuses for secondary battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

murph
10+ year member

Low for Life
Richmond,VA
So I will have a fuse on the positive wire from the first batt do I need one before I connect the positive wire to my second batt? Also should I put one from my positive from the second battery to the amp? Sorry for the questions just want to make sure it is all safe.

it would be ideal to put one close to the first battery, close to the second battery, and then close to the amp/second battery.
is it necessary to have two on the single line between the two batteries?

If you don't fuse both batteries there's no point in fusing one. Say your positive run shorts out it will blow the one fuse and then your left with the non-fused battery to cause a fire.

If you don't fuse both batteries there's no point in fusing one. Say your positive run shorts out it will blow the one fuse and then your left with the non-fused battery to cause a fire.
in short I need 3 fuses thanks everyone for the help

in short I need 3 fuses thanks everyone for the help
If your amp has internal fusing and you feel safe about the positive from your second batt to the amp will never short you could get by without a fuse there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.