How many Batts do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
So I'm going to be upgrading soon to an SCV-6000d and 2 X-18s. I plan on getting a 320+ HO, still mulling over which brand on that. I also plan on running 2 runs of OFC 1/0 as well as I'm going to be using double 1/0 inputs to maximise power flow/ minimise starving my amp. Now the batteries are where I get confizzled. From what I have heard it's 100ah per 1000w, but that's not what people do. What would be the recommended ah total for an agm bank in the back? I'm think about getting the *SALE* Northstar SMSAGM220 - gp car audio. They are a little over 100ah. I'm just wondering how many I need? Also what is the math/science behind how many I would need so I don't need to ask this again?

So I'm going to be upgrading soon to an SCV-6000d and 2 X-18s. I plan on getting a 320+ HO, still mulling over which brand on that. I also plan on running 2 runs of OFC 1/0 as well as I'm going to be using double 1/0 inputs to maximise power flow/ minimise starving my amp. Now the batteries are where I get confizzled. From what I have heard it's 100ah per 1000w, but that's not what people do. What would be the recommended ah total for an agm bank in the back? I'm think about getting the *SALE* Northstar SMSAGM220 - gp car audio. They are a little over 100ah. I'm just wondering how many I need? Also what is the math/science behind how many I would need so I don't need to ask this again?
Three would work well well I think , I used three on a 7 k with 470 amps of alt and did fine. You will run s little less alt power but also need less as amp is a little smaller. Now as far as math or science goes I don’t know because there are lots of. Variables - how loud your playing it and how long and what music your listening too and how much bass it has has , how fast alts are turning and out put of alt ? I would start with three and if you have room you can always add another. Also if it was me I wouldn’t buy agms I would buy a limitless lithium 45 and that’s equivalent of 4 100 ah agms and is $ 998.00 so like spending 250 a agm and is stronger and will last longer and weighs less than 20 lbs as where the agms will be around 320 lbs and s quarter of the size too and the lithium would charge faster with the single alt also overall life of battery is much longer I am going to switch soon as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a much better, cost efficient and effective idea, get the system in subs, amps, alt, batts everything.. Get a volt meter and throw that in as well, fire sh*t up see where your voltage drop is and add batteries as needed. Lower the sub level until you get the new batt in and repeat the same testing procedures.

Here's a much better, cost efficient and effective idea, get the system in subs, amps, alt, batts everything.. Get a volt meter and throw that in as well, fire sh*t up see where your voltage drop is and add batteries as needed. Lower the sub level until you get the new batt in and repeat the same testing procedures.
Oh sorry forgot voltmeter lol but yes definitely do that. I kind just meant I would lean towards lithium instead of agms I just couldn’t bring myself to spend over 300 dollars on a agm battery that has a three year life. I won’t even buy one more Juice box for two hundred , decided to put it towards the lithium and sell my existing and a little more cash ( lol it’s always a little more cash ha ha ) and have something that has a lot longer life span as my agms. But true real world testing is what will tell you how much battery your going to need .

Oh sorry forgot voltmeter lol but yes definitely do that. I kind just meant I would lean towards lithium instead of agms I just couldn’t bring myself to spend over 300 dollars on a agm battery that has a three year life. I won’t even buy one more Juice box for two hundred , decided to put it towards the lithium and sell my existing and a little more cash ( lol it’s always a little more cash ha ha ) and have something that has a lot longer life span as my agms. But true real world testing is what will tell you how much battery your going to need .
Kinda nervous about lithiums tbh and I've never heard of limitless which that doesn't make me feel better.

I mean I guess but I don't wanna do that lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.