How many amps do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nickstev440

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I’m planning an audio system on my incomplete car, and was wondering how to set it up. I’m planning on going active with 2 drivers and 2 tweeters in the front, with rear fill and a sub (with a monoblock). Would a 6 channel amp for the front and rear fill lose quality, or should I do 4 channel for the drivers and 2 channel for the tweeters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

5 ch amps can get expensive and most of the sub stage lacks power for a decent mid-sized sub. And end up running hot. Some times its best to look...
Alright sorry this took so long. Here's the update. I tried out all the sets of speakers, the black diamonds did not fit front or back. I think if...
This is a little more money but well worth it from looking at the reviews. And it's Korean.
I wouldnt waste the time or money on OEM speakers to be placed back into any vehicle unless you plan to sale the vehicle and remove the after...
With half inch MDF, it's like 4.27cu/ft internally not including sub and port displacement. That's like 3.5 to 3.8cu/ft after displacement. You...

About this thread

nickstev440

CarAudio.com Newbie
nickstev440
Charlotte
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from