How long will it last?

I sold a few cheap but it was difficult. Spruced them up a bit and made sure they looked good. I think selling used sub enclosures is one of the hardest things to sell in car audio.
I know thats right. I have a few sitting myself.Ill prob end up making a couple shelves or have a decent camp fire one evening😀

Talk about overkill... SoundMechanix heavy terminals with 8ga SkyHigh to the Sub and 12ga SkyHigh to the second coil.

Wired it up and this is what I got when I checked... uh oh... supposed to be at or around 1 ohm.

peOEo6y.jpg

Checked the "Harbor Freight Special" for accuracy... 

62PkpvN.jpg

Woah... imagine that!.. a $5 multimeter that's inaccurate... lol

Out with the Sa-15d4v3 and for comparison... look at the size difference...

WocRhSf.jpg

In the Honda and wired-up to 3K..

7DPQvoT.jpg

1st thing I did was raise the SSF to over 30hz and got my LP set so various rock sounded good. Then for the sheer hell of it I put this track on and turned it up pretty much till I was sure the neighbors were staring at the ceiling... 

It seems like if the coil hangs... it will meter well for what it is. Maybe Sunday I'll make the odyssey to the Westside meet (30 miles each way) and see.

Surprised the hell outta me... IMHO it's over 140db for sure partially turned up (1/3--1/2?)... we'll see  

Nice clean simple box shredder. As soon as I saw the post I thought to myself it was going to be a standard slotted port with a 45 on every single corner.

The blow through your helped me design is doing great it's getting only about 500-600 watts right now doing 146.2@46

Should handle a 1ohm 5 sec burp no problem. I had 2 kicker comp10's i think rated at 250rms each. On an atomic 5k wired at 2ohm lowest i could go they where single 4ohm. I could get a long 30sec burp before they got stinky. Would do a 144+ in a 4dr blazer. After i rebuilt my good 10's i threw them in same box wired to .5ohm and i could do a 148.

Should handle a 1ohm 5 sec burp no problem. I had 2 kicker comp10's i think rated at 250rms each. On an atomic 5k wired at 2ohm lowest i could go they where single 4ohm. I could get a long 30sec burp before they got stinky. Would do a 144+ in a 4dr blazer. After i rebuilt my good 10's i threw them in same box wired to .5ohm and i could do a 148.
I'm finding out these things are stouter than I thought... 30-40 seconds easy at pretty high levels, I just puss-out waiting for that smell to appear.

Haven't stunk-up the coil yet but I still am finding where I want it all set before opening it-up.

I'm sure you're right but I'm being cautious so far.

Next victim... 

z6YGHdQ.jpg

UP1ErKu.jpg

I'll load it at 8 ohm on that 3K... that's what I designed the enclosure for. Jeez... .36ft3 at 45hz with 24in^ft3 of port... turned out nice.

Now if it would just sound ok... well see... lol... if it lasts

v2GFC0B.jpg

This little thing was fun to cut and a It'll be a snap to assemble once I get some more woodglue, Summers over... project time in Phx.

Now you need to decide which box to bring to the meet if you go on Sunday...
  I wired the Skar to 1 ohm... fuckit... lol

Gd59PwP.jpg

Wonder what it'll do on the meter and if it'll die gloriously?

I'll bring both... they're both pretty small.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried the Skar Evl 65... it's unimpressive even with all that power... seems to do ok if all you wanted was a lil' solid low-end to match factory deck power and maybe a bit more, sounds good tho... just not enough to even try to meter.

Time to trade for something locally...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.