How long can i run peak power

Participant count
  • Participant list
If each side is .75" thick, that's 4.4 cubes or so internally (with the wedge), hard to tell how it's layered together. So I'd say you're even less than 4 cubes net, probably like 3.5. I think the minimum box size is 1.75 cubes, and 25 hz port will be long, but it is a slightly smaller port area, still gonna take up room being at 25 hz, if that's true. So that small box size is limiting the cone travel of the L7's, IMO.

That box is probably minimal for everything, and that's why it makes minimal sound. You can do whatever you want, your box isn't gonna be good unless you change it. You can waste money buying amps and whatever, or you could just make a proper enclosure or fit subs that will work in a proper enclosure.

I hate to break it to people like that, prefabs are usually a rip off. I've heard some very loud Kicker prefabs, but they are literally the bare minimum of what that woofer needs, and that's why you're having the problems that you are. Those subs need like 50% more airspace than they have.
Thanks for the info bro, I can't really go bigger so I'm gonna have to deal with this unless I go custom.

Thanks for the info bro, I can't really go bigger so I'm gonna have to deal with this unless I go custom.

I could make that box louder just by using a round port and tuning higher, using the same size box. You maybe can see if you can make any part of the box larger, or maybe shrink the height if you could get a ton more depth, even if you have to fire the subs up. I have such a very hard time believing that box is 25 hz. That confuses me. 35 hz, I'd say that sounds right. Not 25 hz, that ridiculously low for a prefab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...