how fast is your car

I just remembered somethin. In older chevy trucks, like early 90's, the speedo was a black guage that moved to expose orange (if you were going 50 verything up to 50 was orange, the rest black)

Anyways, my cousin had bought this truck which had an LT1 or LS1 engine in it, cant remember, anyways, had i/h/e along with performance CPU and ****. On a back road one day he got to hittin the gas and after the black dissapeared and everything was orange, the black started poppin back up starting at 0. lol, so we figured we were at about 140, very, veryyyyyy fast. I dont know if I would want to go any faster on that road.

get e-fans and a chip, pullies are a waste of time if you go to an E-fan on your truck. QUOTE]

Not quite.

Ive already done stuff to my stock intake to make it way better than any eBay intake. That no exhasut had to kill your bottom end too, didnt it? No backpressure is bad for these things.

some cars do, generally high performance cars dont.

a porsche 911 doesnt have a governor, a corvette doesnt have a governor - 2 examples.

rule of thumb: if a car boasts a top speed over 155 mph, it doesnt have a governor.

Aw hell I don't have it anymore, but I built it so I'd like to brag about it :p Turbo'd 89 Mustang, only ran 1/8 times that should translate into about a 9.75 @142 in the 1/4.

the other night there was nobody on the road. we got seriously close to 180. i think we were about 177-178.
****! wtf were u driving??... I've been 115 down the city street in my friends Mustang GT, but 180... I've ridden a viper before at the race tracks and we barely went above 170

i think 0-60 is somewhere like 8sec for my 01 1.8l turbo audi a4 170hp

1/4 is somewhere around 16sec

top speed is 130mph (Stupid speed limiter) i beleive when the limiter is removed its around 170mph

I got a 99 pontiac GP GTP

1/4 : high 13s

i just love the whine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.