how fast is your car

im currently building a project car. its an 87camaro rs was a v6 in the middle of the swap to a carbed 350 changing the rear end with one from a z28. going with an automatic transmission. after the swap further down the when i get more money i want to stroke it to a 383 would be a dream. in 1/4 wise id like it to get down into 12s with just bolt ons.

im currently building a project car. its an 87camaro rs was a v6 in the middle of the swap to a carbed 350 changing the rear end with one from a z28. going with an automatic transmission. after the swap further down the when i get more money i want to stroke it to a 383 would be a dream. in 1/4 wise id like it to get down into 12s with just bolt ons.
do your self a favor. before you ever put any real horsepower to the ground, invest in a good set of subframe connectors, and an underhood triangular strut tower brace. these alone will make a world of difference in the way that car will drive and how long it will last before the body is fatigued. i had about 300 hp in my 88 iroc and it was as tight as the day i got it with these parts. (these cars are known for droopy doors and crack in the top back corner of the door jambs)

my mustang is governed to 150 and for good reason, not too comfy at those speeds. the fastest i got my accord upto was 146 after i got my hondata ecu. and my beetle should be able to hit 160+ next year, 0-60 in under 4 hopefully, depends on what i do as far as weight goes

2002 WRX

0-60: 4.3sec

1/4 mile: 12.9 sec

Top Speed: 150mph+

I spent all my money on turbos & other parts, not sound. Now I'm trying to balance things out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, I don't have any times, but yesterday we smoked the tires from 40-70mph on the street with 2 other people in the car, adding about 500lbs(theyre big dudes).

The GN racecar guy guesstimated the hp at 400whp after riding in it @26psi w/ 2.5degrees retarded.

I guess its fast?

03 EVO

1/8TH mile 8.25 @ 84 mph

Got some new things on the way, and a major tune session scheduled, so Im looking to be in the 7.6-7.7 range in the 1/8th next time i go out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.