How does this list look for a potential setup?

Since you are asking for opinions...I like your head unit selection. But, I've never been a big fan of the Alpine power packs. For a few dollars more, I like the JL Audio JD400/4. It gives you a little more power and, for me, would give me a little more peace of mind having a real amplifier over those little power packs.

True....but it also takes up more space somewhere in the trunk since that is the only other place to put an amp of that size. That's why I liked the Alpine power pack amp. Tucks in right behind the head unit oh so nicely.

And since I'm not looking to have my system to the point that I am blowing womens hair all over the place when the sound comes on, I think that the power pack is probably about as ideal as it gets for me. Same with the Sound Ordinance B-8PTD sub I saw...smaller footprint that most other subs, but even that is probably overkill for me, so I will likely try to find the best 6x9 rear deck speakers to utilize...and do the best sound treatment I can on every possible surface. :)

Now I just need to figure out what the best 6x9 options are. lol

I feel like that sound ordnance is going to sound terrible, you could always give it a shot though. A lot of guys seem to like that kicker hideaway sub.

CDT audio makes some 6x9 "subwoofers", could kill 2 birds 1 stone, but I have no idea how they perform free air.

CDT audio makes some 6x9 "subwoofers", could kill 2 birds 1 stone, but I have no idea how they perform free air.

I love the description on thew CDT Subwoofer...

"They are designed for the smooth jazz listeners who sometimes like to turn the volume up on some heavy rock and metal, but still maintain a feel of smooth, tight and fast bass response."

That alone makes me want to look more into them. Smooth Jazz indeed....lol

But in an Altima Coupe, there is really no other place to put a sub EXCEPT the trunk. The can't go under the seats like I have seen some people do. And when I go grocery shopping, even a small order takes up a majority of the trunk, so space is a premium for me that I am trying to work around.

I once saw something called a Stealthbox or something like that when I was poking around things last year. It was fitted to go directly into the side of an Altima's trunk and fit where there was a space between the rear wheel well and the back walls of the trunk...but it is a discontinued product and I can't find another one anywhere, even on eBay. So that Sound Ordinance B-8PTD is pretty much the ideal sort of sub I am looking for now.

If I am unable to find a good sub that doesn't take up a lot of room, I may also, for my preferences anyway, be good with a good set of rear 6x9 speakers like the Infinity Reference 96321x, Rockford Fosgate P1692, JBL GT0939 , or BOSS Audio Systems N×694 speakers.

Do a single 8" sub and have it on a quick disconnect in case you need to take it out when you go grocery shopping. Problem solved

You can do (2) 6.5s ported in 1ft³ which is quite small like really small. Or (1) 8 in .75ft³ but the port gets stupid large below 1ft³ when tuning 36hz and down.

You could go isobaric to cut down on box size at the expense of power.

Personally I wouldn't do less than a pair of beefy 6.5 subs or a single beefy 8.

Those cdt 6×9 subs are interesting I may try a pair in the rear deck of my cruze though I'm sure a pair of dd506 can probably out perform them

You can do (2) 6.5s ported in 1ft³ which is quite small like really small. Or (1) 8 in .75ft³ but the port gets stupid large below 1ft³ when tuning 36hz and down.

You could go isobaric to cut down on box size at the expense of power.

Personally I wouldn't do less than a pair of beefy 6.5 subs or a single beefy 8.

Those cdt 6×9 subs are interesting I may try a pair in the rear deck of my cruze though I'm sure a pair of dd506 can probably out perform them

He doesn't seem to want a sub. I guess that he wants 300 hz. and above. All he has to do is a quick disconnect on his box. I guess that he could get some 6"x9" woofers in the rear deck. One or two 8's would be ideal though.

I’m running the cdt slim midwoofers in the door of my Jeep patriot. They sound pretty decent even with my subwoofer turned off. Below 50 HZ they start to bottom out pretty easy, but these are the slim version. I wanted to do the CL-69 subcf 6x9 but couldn’t make the depth work in my door. It looks like a decent option for the rear deck to me if you’re completely opposed to a box in the trunk. You could also build little enclosures for 6,5 inch subs that float under the rear deck and take up no floor space in your trunk. Find some 6.5 inch subs that are made for sealed enclosures and build little .5 cube boxes that mount under the holes in the rear deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...