How does this list look for a potential setup?

Essex23

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have been reading up and stuff on what all I would like to get to upgrade the factory audio system in my 2011 Altima Coupe, and after looking and poking about, this is where I think I have finally landed:

Alpine iLX-W650 head unit
Alpine KTA-450 4-channel amp

and for speakers either:

Focal 165A1 SG 6.5" component speakers, or the Focal IS165 coax speakers. (This part I might need more help with)

And yes, I will be running a HD eRapta ERT01 backup camera, and a Vantrue N4 dashcam kit.

I'm not looking for an "extreme audiophile" system...but definitely an upgrade from the factory POS that has nothing but issues now.

I would suggest at least a 8" sub to add some bass. Something like a CT Sounds entry level 8" sub. You could even run the sub off channels 3/4 on your amp and run the rear door speakers off of the headunit power. Then just run the front door speakers on channels 1/2 of your amp. You need to get some bass frequencies in there to be happy.

I would suggest at least a 8" sub to add some bass. Something like a CT Sounds entry level 8" sub. You could even run the sub off channels 3/4 on your amp and run the rear door speakers off of the headunit power. Then just run the front door speakers on channels 1/2 of your amp. You need to get some bass frequencies in there to be happy.

I thought of that, but there isn't a lot of space in an Altima coupe for a sub. I did run across a page for the Sound Ordinance B-8PTD *" powered sub today, so that is something I am now considering adding into the mix.

I mainly listen to rock/metal/symphonic metal (Metallica, Nightwish, Babymetal, Band Maid) and ocassionally electric stuff like the Tron Legacy soundtrack or music from Overwerk, and love hearing and feeling the bass and kick drums....but don't necessarily have a need to wake the entire neighborhood or rattle windows like some of my neighbors love doing at all hours. I just want to finally have a good system in my car to enjoy my music.

Last edited:
I thought of that, but there isn't a lot of space in an Altima coupe for a sub. I did run across a page for the Sound Ordinance B-8PTD *" powered sub today, so that is something I am now considering adding into the mix.

I mainly listed to rock/metal/symphonic metal (Metallica, Nightwish, Babymetal, Band Maid) and ocassionally electric stuff like the Tron Legacy soundtrack or music from Overwerk, and love hearing and feeling the bass and kick drums....but don't necessarily have a need to wake the entire neighborhood or rattle windows like some of my neighbors love doing at all hours. I just want to finally have a good system in my car to enjoy my music.

Dude, I'm running 4-8's in a standard cab truck. Let's not talk about room. A single 8" sub takes up very little room.

I mainly listed to rock/metal/symphonic metal (Metallica, Nightwish, Babymetal, Band Maid) and ocassionally electric stuff like the Tron Legacy soundtrack or music from Overwerk, and love hearing and feeling the bass and kick drums....but don't necessarily have a need to wake the entire neighborhood or rattle windows like some of my neighbors love doing at all hours. I just want to finally have a good system in my car to enjoy my music.
A sub will make your metal music sound a lot better. Even a 6.5 inch subwoofer will add some kick to the bass drums.

Dude, I'm running 4-8's in a standard cab truck. Let's not talk about room. A single 8" sub takes up very little room.

But in an Altima Coupe, there is really no other place to put a sub EXCEPT the trunk. The can't go under the seats like I have seen some people do. And when I go grocery shopping, even a small order takes up a majority of the trunk, so space is a premium for me that I am trying to work around.

I once saw something called a Stealthbox or something like that when I was poking around things last year. It was fitted to go directly into the side of an Altima's trunk and fit where there was a space between the rear wheel well and the back walls of the trunk...but it is a discontinued product and I can't find another one anywhere, even on eBay. So that Sound Ordinance B-8PTD is pretty much the ideal sort of sub I am looking for now.

If I am unable to find a good sub that doesn't take up a lot of room, I may also, for my preferences anyway, be good with a good set of rear 6x9 speakers like the Infinity Reference 96321x, Rockford Fosgate P1692, JBL GT0939 , or BOSS Audio Systems N×694 speakers.

Last edited:
Since you are asking for opinions...I like your head unit selection. But, I've never been a big fan of the Alpine power packs. For a few dollars more, I like the JL Audio JD400/4. It gives you a little more power and, for me, would give me a little more peace of mind having a real amplifier over those little power packs.

Also, I know a lot of folks think that Focals are a little too bright (harsh). I've never heard them, so I can't say this first hand. However, I do know how Morel Tempo Ultra 602 2- Way components sound and I just absolutely love them. I would choose them. Just my opinion. As noted earlier, do a good job of sound deadening. That is key.

If the amp is 2ohm stable he could even run front and rear speakers off two channels and bridge the other two for the sub.

But in an Altima Coupe, there is really no other place to put a sub EXCEPT the trunk. The can't go under the seats like I have seen some people do. And when I go grocery shopping, even a small order takes up a majority of the trunk, so space is a premium for me that I am trying to work around.

I once saw something called a Stealthbox or something like that when I was poking around things last year. It was fitted to go directly into the side of an Altima's trunk and fit where there was a space between the rear wheel well and the back walls of the trunk...but it is a discontinued product and I can't find another one anywhere, even on eBay. So that Sound Ordinance B-8PTD is pretty much the ideal sort of sub I am looking for now.

If I am unable to find a good sub that doesn't take up a lot of room, I may also, for my preferences anyway, be good with a good set of rear 6x9 speakers like the Infinity Reference 96321x, Rockford Fosgate P1692, JBL GT0939 , or BOSS Audio Systems N×694 speakers.
Mtx thunderform is another option if they make them for your car. Or if you get a "truck box" and mount it facing the seat, it won't take up much room at all.

Just put your groceries in the back seat!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...