How do you guys get 1/0 gauge wire into amps?

jeeper2269
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
After reading all about the best wire to run to a 3000 watt amp, I have actually ran zero gauge wire from my battery to the amp, as well as for the ground. 

Now, I don’t understand why the amp has 4 gauge terminals. So,,, I am cutting the wires down and twisting them like crazy to push them into the little holes 🤣

obviously someone is going to flame the crap out of me for this question. But I don’t care.  I just want to know the best way to hook this up. 

IF it was a true 3k amp and had 1/0 inputs, you shouldn't have a problem. (Pictured is my 3k amp with those 1/0 inputs)  What you said above the amp has 4 gauge inputs must be a cheapo amp then. As already mentioned earlier, get some 4 gauge to 1/0 gauge reducers.

009.jpg

IF it was a true 3k amp and had 1/0 inputs, you shouldn't have a problem. (Pictured is my 3k amp with those 1/0 inputs)  What you said above the amp has 4 gauge inputs must be a cheapo amp then. As already mentioned earlier, get some 4 gauge to 1/0 gauge reducers.
I know this isnt a "3k amp" but just cause it has 4ga terminals doesnt mean it cant pull more than rated, in this case almost double :)

View attachment 4969
Installed the Teramps md 3000 to my FI “Q” 12 and not happy.  

I was was running a JBL BP1200.1 to her before I sold the truck and it was performing much better. WTF?

Another member was kinda put off by the sensitivity to signal, with only one Rca out on his deck, he had the gains higher than he liked and it seemed weak to him, once the signal was summed and strengthened he says it's much better... idk all the details but something like that... do you have strong signal into the amp?

Something's off if a 1200 watt amp is seemingly stronger than a 3K

Last edited by a moderator:
Another member was kinda put off by the sensitivity to signal, with only one Rca out on his deck, he had the gains higher than he liked and it seemed weak to him, once the signal was summed and strengthened he says it's much better... idk all the details but something like that... do you have strong signal into the amp?

Something's off if a 1200 watt amp is seemingly stronger than a 3K
Yeah, gain is up.  I played with the settings on the deck and it gets a little louder. But, I am not impressed at all. I guess it’s a different vehicle. 

But out I had it in a larger box in the trunk of a Lexus IS and it was twice as loud, on that jbl amp. 

I thought the additional power would improve the performance. 

The guy I'm talking about got a added a line driver and "Y" adapter to his Rca's I believe to sum and boost the signal,  and from what I understand it worked, what you got could be weak signal... what deck do you have?

Just spitballing here... but something ain't right

Ok I'm the guy with the line driver yes it worked very well I had it hooked up to a Sony xav-ax100 and it was putting out less than 2 volts from the rca preouts what I recommend highly is the pac ld-10 it's only like 15 20 bucks and it works amazingly well. I turned up the pac ld 10 to about 75 percent up on both sides and i only had to turn the amp up maybe a quarter of the way up before it started clipping and the subs were 1k rms a piece I really like this amp it's a beast of an amp and it definitely puts out what it says. Also for the reducers I recommended these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MA1SJ83?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title. I tried 3 before them and these are only ones that fits seems that the taramps hd 3000 or MD line just have smaller inputs and will only take a few reducers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...