How do you fit an 18" in a Kia???

Canaan
10+ year member

Beatin' the block down
Well, this is a good start.

dustinwall3.jpg

dustinwall1.jpg

Well, this build consists of a DD3500E (recently reconed to an 18D2) an a MA Audio HK602SX.

Its a removable/bolt-in port wall built outside the vehicle. One key problem w/ this build was the fuel pump. Its designed to be serviced from under the back seat, so the build had to be some-what removable so that in case the pump needs service, some one can get to the panel below the rear seat to work on it.

Well, removing the door to get the box in and out is part of this...lol.

Did a test fit tonite, left the bay about 1AM.

The ports are removable/changeable.

Here is a pic of the 'shell'

The second layer was not yet placed on the top (pic actually shows the bottom of the box)

dustinwall2.jpg

5/8" threaded rod bracing and bolt-in vents.

dustinwall4.jpg

1.5" thick MDF all around.

Looking good.LOL, that car may fall apart slowly..Id like to be there just to see that car flex!!Maybe a video in the near future?? Box looks great man,and heeeeeeavy!! What are you tuning too??Curious,Ive always liked ti try to get @32hz.Nice

lol, I fit an 18 in my little Hyundai and it's a hatchback not a 4 door...had to remove the rear seats and ALL the plastic panels from the hatch area to get it in, then replace them in a specific order, but it fits (tight like a good woman).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.