How do YOU connect 2 pieces of wire to make a single run ?

TT2ENT
10+ year member

What do you guys use to connect 2 seperate pieces of 1/0 power wire so that they make one single lead/run ?

I was thinking using a fuse but that seems like a waste of $$ since they are so expensive and more than 1 would be redundant.

What hardware would do this while keeping cost and resistance in mind ?

That was him saying "use the search button"
I've searched this forum with all different wording and phrases and results are Dblocks and fuses...

blow torch alot of solder and a full roll of electrical tape
I don't have any acetylene atm and I'm currently on the unemployment check budget

Well if you're on an unemployment check, why are you worried about connecting two pieces of 1/0 and not about finding a job? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well if you're on an unemployment check, why are you worried about connecting two pieces of 1/0 and not about finding a job? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Because I want to use all of the $$ in my Unemployment account before I get a job. While I'm not working I'm living with and taking care of my 91 yr old grandmother while my Aunt and Unc run their store next door.

I am making just enough to get by with unemployment check, under the table.

Am I allowed to worry about connecting these 2 pieces of 1/0 now ?

perty much. how long is the total piece you be needin?
I have bout 15' of 1/0 already and about to buy another 12' to complete run + grounds and re-do "BIG3" in 1/0.

I'm trying to run from stock batt. UNDER the truck to the backseat area. 1/0 awg doesn't fit where I currently have my two runs of 4awg, under the plastic strip that runs along the botom of floor/door.

04 2500HD xt cab if that helps.

You don't. You buy a new run of wire.
o_O idk... worst case scenario = buying a fuse and holder (i think)

Back to reality and OP...

If taped/insulated, would 2 ring terminals on each wire connected with bolt and nuts would work ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.