How do YOU connect 2 pieces of wire to make a single run ?

What do you guys use to connect 2 seperate pieces of 1/0 power wire so that they make one single lead/run ?
I was thinking using a fuse but that seems like a waste of $$ since they are so expensive and more than 1 would be redundant.

What hardware would do this while keeping cost and resistance in mind ?
the best way would be to make the longer run of wire into the form of a noose, put your head thru the hole part find a tall tree climb it (make sure you have the shorter run in hand) and then jump off the branch you're standing on, nature will take care of the rest.

Or could strip back about two inch of the insulation of both peace of wire, then take one wire in each hand then join the two ends together but make sure you press each end as far as to together as posable. Then take the tape (go slow on wraping the wire) but wrap the wire with the tape and you must must wrap tightly. This is a temp fix till you can save up for the fuse link.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.