how do these guts stack up?

[quote name='whitedragon551']Over time caps can leak. Its worth having checked out. If its used and a cap needs replaced it could possibly take out sections that cost far more than just getting it checked out would. Its a safe investment for peace of mind especially with a good quality amp[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Sounds like a legimidate reason to me.
@mitchell0715, when you had that SS 500, did you send it to them to have it checked out? I mean, that amp itself is prob older than most members on here lol

Whoever said people have o/s amps sent in to get checked out, I don't agree. Some people may but maybe not all.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Fair enough. Sounds like a legimidate reason to me.
@mitchell0715, when you had that SS 500, did you send it to them to have it checked out? I mean, that amp itself is prob older than most members on here lol

Whoever said people have o/s amps sent in to get checked out, I don't agree. Some people may but maybe not all.[/QUOTE]

no i didnt send it in, there was no reason to. the caps looked fine, i inspected the board and included thorough pictures for the buyer. the amp is older than me.

that amp may be worth more than i thought but i havent seen a lot of those postings, so let me look up that model and maybe im wrong. i still have a hard time believing it'll ever sell for more than 300-400.

I do. Have seen them on ebay even CL sell for that much.

However, yours was listed for quite a bit also....yet does way less watts that the RF.

But at the same time, that SS 500 was super rare.....I've only seen like maybe a few within the past 5 years or so. That includes ebay.

what's the model number on that amp? i could of gotten 450 if i waited, but id rather not sit on an amp i could be making money on lol

You wanna make $$ getta jobby job!!

I'm just yankin' your chain man! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what's the model number on that amp? i could of gotten 450 if i waited, but id rather not sit on an amp i could be making money on lol
1998 model rf punch power 500.2, chrome. as a reference, there is currently a non working chrome 1100a2 on eBay, chrome missing one endcap for $345 (iirc). there is also a guy selling 2 of em (actually one 500.2, and one 1100@2) with an amp link for $1300. sorry you dont want to believe it, but the value is there. that said, its irrelevant, as I have 0 intentions of selling it (as ive mentioned several times).

on the issue of having it refurbed? well, if you think you can visually look at a cap, resister, torroid, etc and be sure that not only is it good, but it will continue to be good, and the values havent shifted, that potentiometer still works correctly with no static... good for you. I know I cant, and the pathetically small amount of money it costs to have it tested, cleaned, and repaired if needed, is well worth it. if you're willing to chance it, good on ya, no harm, no foul. throw that 20 year old amp in your ride and bamg on. I legitimately hope you get many years of usage out of it.

if youre worried about less than $200, vintage anything isnt for you.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Fair enough. Sounds like a legimidate reason to me.

Whoever said people have o/s amps sent in to get checked out, I don't agree. Some people may but maybe not all.[/QUOTE]

many do, some dont. you cant "not agree" with a fact. that doesn't make it not true. the typical 17 year old on here that buys an old crunch amp and thinks hes pimpin.. no, he doesnt do it. someone who really values os gear, and wants to make sure it lasts another 20 years? ya, he does. go to phoenixphorum, go to the vintage section of diyma, and many others and youll see it full of people doing just that. there's even (at least one) shops doing replacement silkscreen logos, etc.

many do, some dont. you cant "not agree" with a fact. that doesn't make it not true. the typical 17 year old on here that buys an old crunch amp and thinks hes pimpin.. no, he doesnt do it. someone who really values os gear, and wants to make sure it lasts another 20 years? ya, he does. go to phoenixphorum, go to the vintage section of diyma, and many others and youll see it full of people doing just that. there's even (at least one) shops doing replacement silkscreen logos, etc.
"Bows head down and walks away slowly"....mumbling I don't get out much....nor know people that do so.

Have seen many of those o/s collections on diyforum.com I'm blown away at the amount people collect over the course of the years. They could literally start a small car audio business.....some dam nice looking items there.

I don't go buy a crunch amp, I get an Ampere TFE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

He mentioned both.
He said that the average 17 year old kid gets a crunch amp. I took that as being towards me, and had to set the record straight.
Did you buy a Crunch amp lately?

He was merely making an example....wasn't towards directly at anyone on here. Some people get butthurt sometimes....don't take the internet so serious, you should know that.

Did you buy a Crunch amp lately?
He was merely making an example....wasn't towards directly at anyone on here. Some people get butthurt sometimes....don't take the internet so serious, you should know that.
No, but I did buy a Boss amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.