How do I wire my system? Dual Alpine Type S and PDX

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nightstrife408
10+ year member

USA
Hi guys I have 2 12'' Alpine Type S rated 4 ohms dvc (SWS-1243D) in a sealed box and an Alpine PDX 1.600.

What should I buy and what should I do to be able to wire the entire system from battery to stereo to amp to subwoofer? I'm sure I can figure out the installation as there are many youtube videos but I'm just very unsure about the needed supplies and materials.

Some people have recommended a ''KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit'' from amazon but I'm not sure if thats all I need.

Also any recommendations about gauge of wire would be awesome. I've been getting a lot of mixed answers and unclear ones from google so I need some help. Thanks guys!

Get a 4 Gauge amp kit from KnuKonceptz or AudioTechnix. It'll include everything you need EXCEPT for speaker wire to connect the amp to the subwoofers. 10ga speaker wire is for sale really cheap on the Amp Installation Kits, HDMI Cables closeouts. Wire the subwoofers to 4 ohms.

2DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

I'd make a run of 0 gauge, "I know it's not needed for this install"

Yet if you ever want to run more power it will be there.

Run it to a distribution block and 4 gauge to amp(s).

Could save you money in the long run...

How much speaker wire do you think I would need in terms of feet? It would be used to connect subs to box (inside box) and box to amp right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.