How do I run only 2 speakers with a 4 channel head unit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

TubbyTom

I have a Blaupunkt Key West CD169 4 x 50 watt head unit that has worked fine for many years. Problem is the speakers are shot! I was running 4 - 6 X 9's, but now want to go to just 2 indoor/ outdoor speakers. Can I do this? How would it be wired? Do I just wire the "front" speakers only and leave the "rear" speaker wires unhooked? Or, is it possible to combine the fronts and rears to get the entire output of the built-in amp. My concern is that I don't "blow up" the unit in the process, but want to get the most out of what I have. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Alright sorry this took so long. Here's the update. I tried out all the sets of speakers, the black diamonds did not fit front or back. I think if...
Just for examples sake regarding electrical, I have 1400 watts total between both my amps and my system has no trouble running everything max...
You should run all exact matching subwoofers in one singular enclosure and 1 amp or matching amps for the best listening experience for the space...
I am out of the car audio world the more my ears age. However, I am very much still a hobbyist in the electrical field. With much of my current...

About this thread

TubbyTom

TubbyTom
Laguna Hills
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
maylar