Remote AMP Wire came disconnected

Towerhand

I got in my car like every other day and went to the store, didn't turn my radio up very much so I didn't really pay attn to my subs working or not working (not sure when it became disconnected but I know it was working when I got home last night..) When I got back in my car to head home I realized my subs werent working and I just thought it was maybe too hot in my trunk and my amp had gone into protect mode.. So when I got home I brought my back seat down and took a look and realized my remote wire was just sitting there on the carpet, so I shaved some of the blue rubber off it and reconnected it (WITH the car off).. when I turned my car back on, the deck beeped at me three times(like it usuall does when it shuts off), and stayed turned off, and my amp didn't turn on also. My remote wire is ran to my 12v constant for my deck. I checked the 'radio' fuse to see if it was blown, and it wasn't, the fuse in rear of deck is good also.

Should I check all the fuses in the panel?

Info on stereo is:

Deck Sony DSX-S300BTX

Amp Kenwood KAC9105D 1800W

Subs Polk Audio DB12(x2)

Try resetting the HU/radio,may be all you need to do,after you check all your fuses on the amp,hu you have done.then try hitting the reset button on the hu,see if that will clear the memory out,and work

Found the fuse, it's a 2AMP fuse that is for my Cruise control switch, passenger airbag status indicator, and dsc switch. I took it out and put another 2A fuse in it and it works good. Everything turned on. it's labeled as my "Run/Crank" fuse on my car manual.. the desc for it is what I said about the Cruise control and such. Not sure what the "DSC Switch" is and I can't find a description of it on the internet.

WHY in the world would you ever run a remote turn on lead to a 12v constant ??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif The amp would NEVER shut off.....

WHY in the world would you ever run a remote turn on lead to a 12v constant ??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif The amp would NEVER shut off.....
unless he has a switch

unless he has a switch
OK, but still pointless none the less to have the possibility even, of having power to the amp without power to your source... I always have a shut off switch ran, but NOT to a constant 12v power source, this way there is no chance of draining your batt(s) should you ever forget to turn off your switch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

OK, but still pointless none the less to have the possibility even, of having power to the amp without power to your source... I always have a shut off switch ran, but NOT to a constant 12v power source, this way there is no chance of draining your batt(s) should you ever forget to turn off your switch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
switches get stitches in my car

like... heat shrink? or electrical tape? switches always needing stitches. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
i use electrical tape.. no need to get fancy on heat shrink

Maybe i'm confused, its ran to the back of headunit to the wire that is my power for my deck, I was under the assumption that's the 12v constant? Anyways, my amp doesn't always stay on, turns off when my car shuts off.

Maybe i'm confused, its ran to the back of headunit to the wire that is my power for my deck, I was under the assumption that's the 12v constant? Anyways, my amp doesn't always stay on, turns off when my car shuts off.
there is a remote specific wire in the harness. usually blue or blue with white stripe/vice versa

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.