how do i make custom subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RickyRoss91

PA
hello,

Im looking to build myself some 12's, ive never done this before but I know I can do it. ive been looking around and found a coupl places to buy all the parts.

my question is how do I assemble these speakers. im guessing you can only use voice coils that can fit in the motor gap. how do you properly set in the coil by correctly attaching to te cone assembly and know the bottom of the coil wont hit the bottom of the motor.

any help would be sweet, ill be running either at 2 or 1 ohm with the two.

also, I am currently attencding school for eet, I understand the fundamentals of magnetism. Im assuming more coil to fit into a gap in the motor will yield more motor force.

someone please give me some guidance, I want to build these speakers to hits lows hard. Im currently running c2 audio treatcon 2's in my s10 with a blowthrough. box is ported at 28 hz.

thanks,

hello,
Im looking to build myself some 12's, ive never done this before but I know I can do it. ive been looking around and found a coupl places to buy all the parts.

my question is how do I assemble these speakers. im guessing you can only use voice coils that can fit in the motor gap. how do you properly set in the coil by correctly attaching to te cone assembly and know the bottom of the coil wont hit the bottom of the motor.

any help would be sweet, ill be running either at 2 or 1 ohm with the two.

also, I am currently attencding school for eet, I understand the fundamentals of magnetism. Im assuming more coil to fit into a gap in the motor will yield more motor force.

someone please give me some guidance, I want to build these speakers to hits lows hard. Im currently running c2 audio treatcon 2's in my s10 with a blowthrough. box is ported at 28 hz.

thanks,
lots of adhesive and perfect alignment.

Bigger voice coil will not change motor force, the overall magnet design, structure and cooling will determine motorforce. If you want low end monsters then you'll need beefier subs. Voice coil determines power handling and sensitivity.

ok, so your basically saying a bigger magnet will be the best bet for lows. my setup with the c2 12''s hits low pretty dam hard now.

im wondering if I can increase output in the upper mid 20 hz area without increasing amp power by say- lowing fs of my subs.

is it true that softer spiders give you a lower fs?

regardless, Id like to have subs that ive built in my truck and be inpressed by them

A bigger magnet does not always mean stronger. Softer spiders give you a lower fs but your subs wont work so well in a ported box anymore. It'll turn into an SQ sub working better in a sealed box. I'd say if you want lower notes, get a bigger and more efficient enclosure and tune lower and also sound deaden your truck. The way its loading also makes a big difference for lows..

the box is tuned to 28 hz at 4.2 cu.ft already , idk how much lower it could go. my truck it deadened everywhere including the back of the door panels.

what Im just trying to get at is:

1) after I would buy a motor and basket - I will know how big a voice coil to get diameter wise

2) what kind of cones will be compatible with baskets

3) how to set voice coil into cone coreectly without smacking bottom of motor

4) how many spiders- I know the 12 spokebaskets have different sized landings. and how to assemble spiders onto cone and coil

a) how does this affect the sub parameters

wierd, I when had a pair of 12" threatcons in a sienna and the lows in decaf songs(august alsina - downtown) give me windshield flex and they were only tuned to 37hz subs at 1.7 cubic feet per sub and port to the rear. You should be having a lot more lows, unless something is causing you to lose sound pressure.

its just a regular ported box, yes a lot was cut out. and yes trust me it hits hard and low.

I was just trying to get some help with new speakers that would be prone to playing. like possible being able to get more subwoofer movement with the power I have to give

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.