Time to upgrade/startover

Participant count
  • Participant list

joselr3668
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
miami
Ok I was in the process of getting something new together when I decided to get divorced and start a new life. Now I am ready to actually start designing what it is i want and to my surprise I cant decide on a brand. if you read my sig you can see what I pretty much have. I know I want to upgrade my doors and dash with CDt as I have heard great reviews on them. Now I am left with subs and amps to decide from. as of right now I am not necessarily looking for a specific amp but a brand to stick with. I have been deciding to switch from RE/USamps to the following. DCaudio, Sundown, Soundqubed or any other recommendations I can choose from. for starters I want to be able to still look out my rear window so for subs I am limited to about 4cubic feet for an enclosure. as for amps I would like to have one sub amp instead of my current 2(not of less power though) and replace my 4 ch. deciding factors for an amp. My current setup has been with me for 7 years and still works so I do want something reliable. what my current setup does not have is efficient amps and I would like to fix that. I am open minded on brands but please no bashing just your opinions on why I should choose what or your personal experiences would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

Ok I was in the process of getting something new together when I decided to get divorced and start a new life. Now I am ready to actually start designing what it is i want and to my surprise I cant decide on a brand. if you read my sig you can see what I pretty much have. I know I want to upgrade my doors and dash with CDt as I have heard great reviews on them. Now I am left with subs and amps to decide from. as of right now I am not necessarily looking for a specific amp but a brand to stick with. I have been deciding to switch from RE/USamps to the following. DCaudio, Sundown, Soundqubed or any other recommendations I can choose from. for starters I want to be able to still look out my rear window so for subs I am limited to about 4cubic feet for an enclosure. as for amps I would like to have one sub amp instead of my current 2(not of less power though) and replace my 4 ch. deciding factors for an amp. My current setup has been with me for 7 years and still works so I do want something reliable. what my current setup does not have is efficient amps and I would like to fix that. I am open minded on brands but please no bashing just your opinions on why I should choose what or your personal experiences would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
HDS300 bundle for the bass package would be reliable.

HDS300 bundle might be reliable but I don't think it would surpass sound quality or level of what I currently run or even match.I do appreciate the response at least I know you believe SoundQubed to be reliable.

HDS300 bundle might be able but I don't think it would surpass sound quality or level of what I currently run or even match.I do appreciate the response at least I know you believe SoundQubed to be reliable.
Fair enough. Just pulled the idea from your op. Check out Jl for your amp needs and the cdt comps or hertz for your mids/highs. As stated, check out the new DD subs too.

I could help you out with the complete system. Even the cdt components Dc subs are good. But I don't think I'd call them sq oriented Tantrics more to that phrase but 4 cubes leaves you with a limited option for subs there to especially if you want a pair With this said. What kind of power are you planning to run ? And budget ?

thank you both for your replies. I did look at the DD subs and it does look impressive. @mylows10 I appreciate the help and would love to work something out with you. Maybe one day we could discuss this one on one and write it all down so I can order one item at a time. I plan on changing the high/mids with their corresponding amp/s first and then working on the subs. Again on of my main plans is to change from 2 amps for subs to 1. I have to measure again but I believe I am maxed out at about 4.? cubic feet of room in my trunk without loosing my rear view.I have pondered the idea of also changing from dual subs to a single. would have to get some feedback on the pros and cons.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.