How do I hook up speakers/tweeters without a crossover?

[quote=>>SQL

Your speakers have built in 6db crossovers on them.

What is it you want to do? Me personally I would run the tweeters from 2 channels of the 4 channel amp and the mid woofers on the other 2 channels.

Yeah I could do that. I was planning to run 150x2 on the amp, but doing it this way would give me better control over the loudness of the tweeters, because the main reason I'm getting the bigger amp is to get more mid-bass out of my woofers.

This brings to to another question. I'll be using a DMM to set my gains, but how would I find out what RMS my tweeters and woofers can handle independently?

cut out the in line crossover, its pretty simple. then you can run them how you want. when you cut it out just leave some room when you cut it to reattach it if you sell them later on.

Yeah I could do that. I was planning to run 150x2 on the amp, but doing it this way would give me better control over the loudness of the tweeters, because the main reason I'm getting the bigger amp is to get more mid-bass out of my woofers.
This brings to to another question. I'll be using a DMM to set my gains, but how would I find out what RMS my tweeters and woofers can handle independently?

I would set the level for the mid woofers and then adjust the gain on the tweeters until it sounds balanced. You should not (IMO) use a DMM to set the level for the tweeters. Running each on separate channels allows you to adjust the amount of HIGHS that works best for your install.

[quote=>>SQL

Yeah. Since the amp is 75 watts per, I would probably blow out my ear drums if I ran the tweets until I heard distortion. Haha.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.