anyone know anything about crossovers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldoctorb
10+ year member

I have a kenwood KEC-202 3way cross over. It replaces the crossovers on the amp and after the amp for all the speakers in the car. My problem is I don't know what my Alpine Type-R 6.5 componete speakers cross over at. I have been trying to adjust it but I can't get it to sound right. If anybody Knows whare to cross it over at or around what I should cross it over at pleeeeeaaaassssse let me know. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused:

I recommend you use the kenwood crossover in high pass mode before your amp. After the amp you should still be using the passive crossover that came with the speakers. It make them blend and should help in making them sound better. good luck.

I don't agree with you at all. Alpine spends thousands of hours and who knows how much money on not only selecting the frequencies but figuring how to make the two speakers "blend" and become transparent. You and I probably don't have the time or resources to create what they do. Especially with a fairly basic kenwood crossover.

By amping, on the other hand, I totally agree with and I understand what your goal is. That's a pretty good article by the way, but car audio is a different animal than the home "hi fi" world.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.