How do I connect my front speakers to my amp?

repres01
10+ year member

BLACK MAG 09
My front speakers are current running into my aftermarket stereo. My back speackers are ran to my amp and the amp is routed to my stereo with my audio inputs. How do I connect the front speakers into the system?

1. Run a speaker wire from the amp and splice it into the front speaker cords in the harness?

I just need to know the process, pls don't ask what kind of speakers, amp, etc. It's listed in my signature and really has nothing to do with how I would attach the fronts to the rest of the system.

Thx, for any help

The way I did mine so I didn't have top run new wires through the doors, is I ran speaker wire from the amp to behind the aftermarket headunit and just cut the connections from the front speakers to the headunit, and connect them to the wires you just ran from the amp. Then the front speakers will run from the speakers, towards the deck then when they are behind the deck, they will connect to the amp leads.

The way I did mine so I didn't have top run new wires through the doors, is I ran speaker wire from the amp to behind the aftermarket headunit and just cut the connections from the front speakers to the headunit, and connect them to the wires you just ran from the amp. Then the front speakers will run from the speakers, towards the deck then when they are behind the deck, they will connect to the amp leads.
Can work, but most stock speaker wire is skimpy. I'd replace it, personally.

to connect your front speakers, your amp has to have 4 channels.

If your amp only has 2 channels, you need another 2ch amp for the front speakers or a 4ch amp.

you connect the RCA's from your headunit to your amplifier. There are 2 rca's for each set of speakers. (rear left, rear right, front left, front right)

If your headunit only has 2 rca holes, you can buy rca splitters and split the 2ch rca's into a 4ch rca to plug into your 4ch amp. However, you'd be better off buying a new headunit with 4 (or 6 if you plan on getting a subwoofer) rca holes.

my front speakers are in my doors. Do I connect speaker wire to the front speaker harness wires or run it to the doors?

right but I need to connect the speaker wire from the amp to the front speakers, Do I attach it to the wiring harness?

just run wiring from the doors to the amp...for one it wont cause any trouble if your gonna go back to stock to maybe sell the car or something and two its not that hard to get the wiring through the door just use a wire coat hanger to pull it through...

I had to drill a hole through the sheet metal in my car to get into the door... for some reason the manufacturers decided it was a good idea to make an incredibly small molex with no extra spaces that only fits 22g wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

You may be able to get into the door easily, you may not be able to.

If you can, just run speaker wire into your door from the speaker to the amp.

If you cant, you can look at the speaker wire that goes to each speaker. It connects to the speaker using a molex (plastic thing).

Find out which wire is neg and which is positive. Trace the wire to inside the car. Then splice the wire with your own speaker wire, and run it to your amp.

Are you using a stock hu adapter or an aftermarket hu with rca's?

I use 12g, but I'm also running a zed kronos to power my front stage (500w @ 4ohm).

But 16g will work fine.

if your running less than 100w, then 18g will work too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.