how do brands like boss, pyramid, ssl not get in trouble for false?

It a "as flat as it gets" sealed box. The only peak it should have is around the cars RF
Ohhh ok. So the box really determines how much the amp draws. If you have a ported enclosure tuned to 32 hertz. Your amp won't make as much power at sloping or dipping frequenies. Is that correct?

And it will make more of its power at its tuning?

Ohhh ok. So the box really determines how much the amp draws. If you have a ported enclosure tuned to 32 hertz. Your amp won't make as much power at sloping or dipping frequenies. Is that correct?And it will make more of its power at its tuning?
It depends. Ever sub will have its spot it wants to be at also. No matter what the tunning is.

It depends. Ever sub will have its spot it wants to be at also. No matter what the tunning is.
Oh ok. At least I understand it a lot better than I did before.

An amplifiers power output is completely dependent on the voltage, the signal, the distortion level, the impedance and the enclosure tuning and speakers tuning?

Oh ok. At least I understand it a lot better than I did before.

An amplifiers power output is completely dependent on the voltage, the signal, the distortion level, the impedance and the enclosure tuning and speakers tuning?

My words before weren't a statement. They were a question.Do amps make more power at different frequencies?
No. Ideally an amp would have the same output at any frequency - that's what the freq response spec is all about. But power measurements are done at a fixed frequency, usually at 1 kHz or 100 Hz.

As for the Chinese amps, it would take a class action suit to get them to change their specs. It's happened before, with air compressor ratings. Now instead of labeling a compressor as 5.5 hp (impossible on a 120V 20A circuit), they list the real power like 1.5 hp.

No. Ideally an amp would have the same output at any frequency - that's what the freq response spec is all about. But power measurements are done at a fixed frequency, usually at 1 kHz or 100 Hz.
As for the Chinese amps, it would take a class action suit to get them to change their specs. It's happened before, with air compressor ratings. Now instead of labeling a compressor as 5.5 hp (impossible on a 120V 20A circuit), they list the real power like 1.5 hp.
Lol air compressors tried advertising more hp than they actually made?

Moving the . In THD like from this .01 to .5 makes for a heck of a watt change. Back in the day when I hung out at a buddy's pawn shop I would read the specs on amps from like M&M and the cheaper brands would sometimes do 1.05 THD or something stupid like that and make a 80watt amp like 1500 watts. That would be some amazing clipping I don't even thing you could make out the music at higher THD ratings they used to do. I haven't really looked that hard at a M&M catalog in years not sure if they show all ratings like they used to

The only amp I wanted to get back then out of the M&M merchandising catalog was the Lanzar opti drive c-50 I think that was name

It had the best ratings out of all that junk they sold. But Lanzar pulled the opti drive line out of M&M and I missed my chance to get one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.