How can DD1 set gains properly without subs connected?? Hows that possible?

Participant count
  • Participant list

anger
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Been looking at purchasing the DD1, but hoping to get an explanation before pulling the trigger.

They say you can set your gains with the DD1 while speakers/subs are NOT connected to amp. Is this correct?

If so, how is this possible without the amp seeing an ohm load? Doesn't that mean you'd be setting the same level for a 2ohm load as you would for say 0.5ohm?

Or is setting gains for rms with the DMM a completely different realm than setting for maximum unclipped signal with the DD1?

Hope some of that made sense...I feel like there's a simple concept here that I'm just not understanding.

My basic understanding is it's mainly used to get the maximum output of your amp with less than 1% distortion. Setting the rms would be a whole different project. Now the new dd1+ has a gain overlap to lower the power going to the speaker. (Not sure how the works.)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.