how big of a box do i need and what shape is preferable!

go to rf tech support, they will def help you out. if u get the wrong sized box, u could blow the speakers up or damage the amp

if they are 12'' you'll need a box that has the internal volume of about 2.5 which you can find by L x W x H divided by 1728. this box is going ot be pretty big so i would go with either a rectangular or a trapazoid shape box

Originally posted by richie1 go to rf tech support, they will def help you out. if u get the wrong sized box, u could blow the speakers up or damage the amp
you cann't damage an amp from having the wrong box. The wrong box doesn't blow speakers. It's the power you put to them in that size box that damages them

Bandpasses are nice if you like to hear one frequency then half ignore all the rest. While they provide a 6db increase in SPL, your SQ will go to hell. A ported would allow a 3db increase and if tuned correctly could rival a sealed enclosure in SQ. Personally I would go for a sealed box with the the minimum required airspace to get a nice tight bass response. I am not versed with RF subs so don't go following my gospel blindly.:p I just stated the above as a general fact.

While they provide a 6db increase in SPL, your SQ will go to hell.
so why don't people in the dB drags use bandpass boxes?

in all the pics i've seen, i've never seen 1 bandpass box used, care to explain ?

personally i think db drags dont use bandpasses is because if you wannna have say 6 subs in the back of your vehicle but you dont ahve room to build a bandpass because they are "usually" bigger. so instead of havin only say 3 subs in a bandpass cuz the box is to big you build a sealed or ported box with 6 subs and im pretty sure you would acheive a higher spl with 6 in a sealed/ported box then 3 in a bandpass.

theres my opionion its prolly wrong but hey i like to feel smart once ina while

I've heard rockfords in both bandpass and sealed boxes. Believe me, those things are made for sealed boxes. They sound way better in a sealed box. Instead of the bass booming and ringing you get tighter, more accurate bass.

I can tell yo uright now, my friend is doing a 158.1 with those ina ported box, and I did a 150.2 with a ported box, with one little 1000.1...go with a 6cube /woofer, and tune it to abut 45hz. That would hit **** low...and hard on a mic...good luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.