How are you guys grounding your head unit?

How is your head unit grounded?

• Ground via the factory harness.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Grounding point behind the dash.

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Grounded to the battery terminal.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
yeah you need at least 4gauge ground wire for your headunit...dont want it to be a weak point in your system....

hahahah, i cant believe more than one person took shava seriously....as long as its a good ground wire (not corroded) you should be fine there...sounds like its a problem with smth else...maybe rcas or your speakers...

You can make the ground wire larger than the power wire, but that makes no sense. I have a few things to ground, so I ran 8g to a seat bolt under the carpet. My factory harness has a tiny wire.

..dont all you have to do is connect the ground wire from your harness to the headunit's ground wire? DAMMIT IM NEWBISH!
thats all ive ever done and ive never had any problems.....

I ground mine directly to the neg batt terminal with ordinary 12ga automotive wire. But because I'm anal, I also ground the HU chassis to the factory ground (even though I know it's already grounded internally). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hitbybrick.gif.68a672fae224041f00769a97c2c1bf2d.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...