Hooking up this DVC so that my impendances match

Participant count
  • Participant list

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

I have one dual 4 ohm solobaric woofer and a rockford 700s amp

the amps optimal output for me would be setting it into 4 ohm mono producing 700 watts RMS power... When hooking up the dual 4 ohm speaker in parallel it will present a 2 ohm load... I heard somewhere that 4 ohm mono, and 2 ohm stereo are the same thing... so would i be able to hook up the DVC in parallel and have the impendance of the speaker and amp match? With the manual that came with the speaker it said a dual 4 ohm speaker in series will produce an 8 ohm load, which i dont want... i want to be able to run the amp in 4 ohm mono and wire the woofer in parallel, thus producing 2 ohm stereo in the woofer.... will this work?

you can not get the best of that amp with a dvc 4 ohm sub when the amp can only drop to a 4 ohm load. Run it at Either 8 ohm bridge or 4 ohm stereo. You didn't buy equpment that matches

The amp is 2 ohm stable.... Kickers site says "remember 4 ohm mono is the same as 2 ohm stereo". My amp bridges to 4ohm mono (same as 2 0hm stereo) and the D4 speaker when ran in parallel presents a 2 ohm load. Is that 2 ohm load in stereo or mono or is it just assumed that it is 2 ohms stereo because it has 2 voice coils...

I didnt see why in your response that this would not work because 2 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono are equivalent... can someone please explain?

read into what you typed...stable into 4 ohms mono...........also meaning 2 ohm stereo...mono=bridged. bridged=4 ohms...get another sub wire it paralle then wire that sub into series with the other sub you would in turn be back to 4 ohms

Here let me show you the amps specs

4Ohm load per channel 175 w x2

2ohm load per channel 350 w x2

4ohm load bridged (mono) 700 w x1

the speaker is a dual 4 voice voil

in parallel it presents a 2 ohm load

in series it presents an 8 ohm load

How would i wire this to get the most out of my speakers...

i thought because 4 ohm mono was the same as 2 ohm stereo... the amp would support the 2 ohm load from the speaker, so they would match.... maybe this helps and please tell me what i can get out of this amp cause im trying to avoid returning anything i got

i got confused by what you said.... but i think i can figure it out... i guess that leaves me the ultimate question.... will i be able to somehow put 700 x 1 into the speaker by doing what you said... or did you mean id have to get a new speaker or amp?

Well how about this.... it says that each voice coil handles 375 watts... would it be possible to put the speaker in the 350 x 2 w @ 2 ohms with each voice coil hooked up to a separate channel?

dual 4 ohm sub = 4 ohms per voicecoil = 4 ohm power = 4 ohm power rating of amp = series mono anyway of 8 ohms mono = 4 ohm stereo= you are at the same place you started......only thing that might save you is how the amp puts out into your REACTIVE load (speaker) i am not explaining this i already proved its relavance once and i wont again amongst other things and i care so much to not even spell check lol:rolleyes: oh and if you put it on one channel of your amp you still be at half power capability (nominal) of the amp..............so either play it mono (series) as is or add another woofer or blow up your amp and sub running it 2 ohm mono which is 1 ohm stereo which it isnt built to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.