hooking up a mono and 4 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

jcof88

hello, i have a question about hooking up 2 amps, for the most part i got it working just running into a small problem,

ok my main amp is a

(1) MB Quart FX1.1000

1000W RMS 1-Channel Monoblock Formula Series Amplifier

MB Quart FX1.1000 1000W RMS 1-Channel Monoblock Formula Series Amp

i have these hooked up to my 2 kickers, and it works great

and i have a new 2nd amp is

JL Audio JX360/4

360W RMS, 4-Channel Class A/B JX Series Full-Range Car Amplifier

JL Audio JX360/4 (JX3604) 360W RMS, 4-Chan Class A/B JX Amplifier

i want to hook up my rear 6x9 and my new Component speakers:

i have my power wire from my battery to a Distribution Block then ran to both amps, i have the ground also hooked up to a Distribution Block and ran to both amps, remote wire hooked up to both amps and all works fine both power on and work, so heres the problem i have my rca ran from back of the radio SW to the main amp, then another pair from the preout of the sub amp to the 4 channel amp, i just got them installed and the 6x9 are loud but my front speakers are barley even putting anything out, also if you set the Sub Power up or down in the radio settings it changes the 6x9 and front speakers also, i thought it only changed the subs but it dont is this because i have rc cables running from the sub amp to the 2nd amp ? also i noticed on my radio i have 3 outputs SW, Front, Rear. Should i run 2 pairs of rca from the radio to the 2nd amp only and drop the rca from the sub amp to the 2nd amp, would the help any THanks again

It could be your amp but you should just run the 2nd RCA so you can have more control over your 6x9 from the headunit. Most of the newer headunits that have 3 set of preouts have a built-in "EQ" for fine tuning. Good luck!

hello, i have a question about hooking up 2 amps, for the most part i got it working just running into a small problem,
ok my main amp is a

(1) MB Quart FX1.1000

1000W RMS 1-Channel Monoblock Formula Series Amplifier

MB Quart FX1.1000 1000W RMS 1-Channel Monoblock Formula Series Amp

i have these hooked up to my 2 kickers, and it works great

and i have a new 2nd amp is

JL Audio JX360/4

360W RMS, 4-Channel Class A/B JX Series Full-Range Car Amplifier

JL Audio JX360/4 (JX3604) 360W RMS, 4-Chan Class A/B JX Amplifier

i want to hook up my rear 6x9 and my new Component speakers:

i have my power wire from my battery to a Distribution Block then ran to both amps, i have the ground also hooked up to a Distribution Block and ran to both amps, remote wire hooked up to both amps and all works fine both power on and work, so heres the problem i have my rca ran from back of the radio SW to the main amp, then another pair from the preout of the sub amp to the 4 channel amp, i just got them installed and the 6x9 are loud but my front speakers are barley even putting anything out, also if you set the Sub Power up or down in the radio settings it changes the 6x9 and front speakers also, i thought it only changed the subs but it dont is this because i have rc cables running from the sub amp to the 2nd amp ? also i noticed on my radio i have 3 outputs SW, Front, Rear. Should i run 2 pairs of rca from the radio to the 2nd amp only and drop the rca from the sub amp to the 2nd amp, would the help any THanks again
RCAs from SW(subwoofer) go to the sub amp.

Then from front on the head unit to the second amp.

Unless you want to get real crazy and use three sets of RCAs and if your highs amp has 4 inputs. Most head units that have front and rear out also have some time alignment built in meaning your front and rear are preset to sound better wired accordingly.

Most audiophiles don’t use any rear speakers in car audio applications.

RCAs from SW(subwoofer) go to the sub amp.Then from front on the head unit to the second amp.

Unless you want to get real crazy and use three sets of RCAs and if your highs amp has 4 inputs. Most head units that have front and rear out also have some time alignment built in meaning your front and rear are preset to sound better wired accordingly.

Most audiophiles don’t use any rear speakers in car audio applications.
Yup the amp has 4 inputs, Has 2 for channel 1&2 and 2 for channel 3&4,

if you have 3 sets of preouts on your HU then use them, better control of all channels
Yes it has 3 preouts, Sw, Rear and Front

What brand of deck..??
Its a Kenwood - KDC-448U

Thanks for all the replies this helps me alot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.