Hole in speaker cone

Participant count
  • Participant list

chucku
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Help. I just removed my door panels to deaden my doors and found a small hole in my 6.5 mbq comps. It looks like my friend slipped with a screwdriver when he installed them. I searched on repair but found nothing. What would repair the hole and not affect sound? TIA, Chuck

The hole is about the size of a phillips screwdriver head. I thought I heard some distortion from that speaker, and upon further inspection, since the hole is near the edge, some of the cone was separated from the surround. I went ahead and superglued the part back together and cut a small piece of clear package plastic and glued it over the hole. I just put the door back together and tested it out, sounds good.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.