Hole for wires affect performance?

if you plug it up you'll gain 3 db, then if you do the DB dance (same as the chicken dance) you'll gain 5 more DB'z, and if you do it outside, in the rain, on a thursday, you'll gain 9 db'z.

but seriously, caulk the hole and wait till thursday.

if you plug it up you'll gain 3 db, then if you do the DB dance (same as the chicken dance) you'll gain 5 more DB'z, and if you do it outside, in the rain, on a thursday, you'll gain 9 db'z.
but seriously, caulk the hole and wait till thursday.
Needed it for tomorrow. Im metering my system tomorrow.

you can just use some silicone sealant to plug it up after the wires are through, though it will only really matter in a sealed enclosure.
wrong wrong wrong wrong WRONG...

air leaks matter in any type of enclosure. they will affect output and sound quality. a hole or air leak in a ported enclosure should be sealed just as it should in a sealed or a bandpass...

air leaks matter in any type of enclosure. they will affect output and sound quality. a hole or air leak in a ported enclosure should be sealed just as it should in a sealed or a bandpass...
OK so you guys are saying that it will affect my performance. Will it affect it in a major way? If so I got to try and cover it up now.

Buy some of that rope caulking that is used to seal windows and just press it around the wires. If you dont want to wait for the caulk to dry, that is

Yes it should be sealed as well, but in the grand scheme of things it matters less in a ported enclosure than a sealed box. That is my point. I agree it will make a small difference, but I really doubt a hole half the size of a dime will be audible in a ported enclosure. That's my opinion, but I'd seal it anyway- that's how I do stuff.

I'm not so sure what you found to be so funny, but okay dude.
youre blazen disregaurd for factual content.

while youre other post is more inept, yes in this application a small hole isnt really going to affect performance much. but to say that sealing air leaks in a ported box isnt as important as sealing them in a sealed box, is the furthest thing from the truth.

the air in a ported enclosure doesent serve the same purpose as the air in a sealed enclosure, but keeping it from leaking out of the box(except in the engineered leak area, A.K.A. the port) is just as important and will make a significant difference.

edit-- i jus tre-read this and realized it may have come out a little condescending or rude... didnt mean for it to come off that way, so try not to take any offense //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.