HO makes voltage 14.4?

Staying at 14.4v should only matter if your amp's top rating is rated at 14v or more.
If its rated at 13.8v then you do not need to worry as you are getting this.

Also if you are using a silverado or gmc truck please MAKE SURE you removed that little wire coming from the alternator to that little red box.

I found out this was causing a extra loss in voltage during charge since both the system and battery wanted power.
Going from 13.8 to 14.4 could be a few hundred watts. Also higher voltage leads to higher efficiency. I gained .5db going from 13.8 to 15.1v on a 5k. That matters when every 1/10 counts. Also you need to learn how amps are rated.

Staying at 14.4v should only matter if your amp's top rating is rated at 14v or more.
If its rated at 13.8v then you do not need to worry as you are getting this.

Also if you are using a silverado or gmc truck please MAKE SURE you removed that little wire coming from the alternator to that little red box.

I found out this was causing a extra loss in voltage during charge since both the system and battery wanted power.
Thats exactly why im worrying because my amps are rated at 14.4. And yes i am running a gmc a 1990 gmc c1500. What year truck did you have that had that problem?

So today i realized my trucks battery charge at 13.5 the MOST, i always thought they charged at 14.4 but apparently not. Everyone with systems has a sitting charged voltage of 14.4. Is that because of the HO alt they have?
Most vehicles start off at 14.4ish and settle down to 13.6ish. I know my Singer alternator that is coming soon is supposed to do 14 hot and 14.6 cold, but I opted to get my externally regulated so I can set it to settle at 14.4.

Going from 13.8 to 14.4 could be a few hundred watts. Also higher voltage leads to higher efficiency. I gained .5db going from 13.8 to 15.1v on a 5k. That matters when every 1/10 counts. Also you need to learn how amps are rated.
And thats my exCt point 13.5 compared to 14.4 i bet I'm losing at least 800watts the. Ut dips to the low 12's that definately cant be good. Although i get 0 light dimming which is weird.

And thats my exCt point 13.5 compared to 14.4 i bet I'm losing at least 800watts the. Ut dips to the low 12's that definately cant be good. Although i get 0 light dimming which is weird.
That Los dude is a tool and never has a clue what he's talking about. Just talk to Singer. He will tell you what to so like he did for me and everyone else.

Thats exactly why im worrying because my amps are rated at 14.4. And yes i am running a gmc a 1990 gmc c1500. What year truck did you have that had that problem?
I have a 2000 new body..

When you did the big 3 do you have a single line from alt to battery or is the stock 4-8 gauge wire still connected? And yes this caused me to rest @ 13.8-13.6v during charge till i removed the smaller stock wire.

That Los dude is a tool and never has a clue what he's talking about. Just talk to Singer. He will tell you what to so like he did for me and everyone else.
Yep im a tool... Your like the encyclopedia of car audio as your the all knowing...

I answered one last post of which had to do with affecting SPL and since you did not like my answer since it was not good enough for you. You decided to try and correct me...

I am its just he takes a week to reply so its kind of hard to really get anywhere. My alt should be here this week through it was shipped alredy

I know enough to realize loads effect output(SPL). And the difference from raising a volt could mean a lot.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

I am its just he takes a week to reply so its kind of hard to really get anywhere. My alt should be here this week through it was shipped alredy
You should be able to add a regulator

I have a 2000 new body..
When you did the big 3 do you have a single line from alt to battery or is the stock 4-8 gauge wire still connected? And yes this caused me to rest @ 13.8-13.6v during charge till i removed the smaller stock wire.

Yep im a tool... Your like the encyclopedia of car audio as your the all knowing...

I answered one last post of which had to do with affecting SPL and since you did not like my answer since it was not good enough for you. You decided to try and correct me...
Yes i left all wires i just added the big 3 that tiny cable is till there but if im not mistaken on the vortec engines your alt and battery meet a little box dont they? My truck is all direct to eachother

Yes i left all wires i just added the big 3 that tiny cable is till there but if im not mistaken on the vortec engines your alt and battery meet a little box dont they? My truck is all direct to eachother
Please ask NoLoud4U before you take this post as I AM SURE HE HAS OWNED A GMC ALSO...

Anyway yes you are correct. I wasnt sure if the older bodys have the same thing.

Test out removing the second wire from the alt to see if it makes a difference.

If this does not work then you will have to do what other people have told you which is bypass the regulator or go external.

If it drops that much then that amp's a POS -- you should have just bought a Zeus.

But it's not a POS, and it doesn't change that much. Maybe a couple hundred.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.