Help! Loud hum in tweeters and mids!

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So I installed everything and I have a LOUD hum in my tweeters and mids I'm running them active. Off a soundqubed 4-120. I have the red output TVA into channel 1, and the white into channel 3. Do I need y splitters? But wtf is this loud hum!?!?

Where is your ground located? Does both amps lead to the same ground? Did you put a filter on your tweeter or is it set to full range?
Both my grounds lead to my second battery and that's the weird thing my sub doesn't do it only mids and tweeters plus I got a horrible engine whine as well. Text me I reset my phone and lost your number

if you got a horrible engine whine everytime you press the gas pedal, that's definitely ground loop issue.. I think both your amps and 2nd battery need to ground to full chassis.. That's how I have mine..

Turn the gain down.
I completely turn the gain down like as down as it goes and it still makes the noise

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

How can i test if its my rcas pr headunit or amp?

You need to run your grounds to the vehicle Frame as well as the battery.I run 0 ga to the frame back up to a distro block for grounding.Got the Big3 done??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.