Hmm, not what I expected.

that sub should need about 24-26" of port area, a 4" pvc port dose not even come close to that.

imo, 1.5 cubes with at least 26" of slot port should do the trick.

here is a pic of a box that was built for me (my specs), its 1.5cuft, tuned to 37hz with 28" of port. its for a dd 3510 and i fed it a solid 2k+rms(clean) and there was never any port noise and had **** tons of output.

PICT0001-1.jpg

Vic is right. The hdc needs 16" of port opening area per net cubic foot. You have 12" of port opening area for 1.5 cubes which is half of what you need. Vic's box is right on.

that sub should need about 24-26" of port area, a 4" pvc port dose not even come close to that. imo, 1.5 cubes with at least 26" of slot port should do the trick.

here is a pic of a box that was built for me (my specs), its 1.5cuft, tuned to 37hz with 28" of port. its for a dd 3510 and i fed it a solid 2k+rms(clean) and there was never any port noise and had **** tons of output.

PICT0001-1.jpg
k, i'll try a slot, havent done one in years so why not. I guess i've never built a box so far off cause I can't believe it would have that much of an effect. Hopefully that will do the trick. we'll found out in the next couple of days though.

you dont need a swimmingpool of portarea to get loud, if it so you guys must have some strange air in your country, many over in europe plays 140-150db with a single 4" aero, but the flared port is a big +++!

but your pipe looked thick, is it true 4"?

this is how the patented aeroport looks like, http://www.blekingebilradio.se/ProductPopup.aspx?filename=frov-aero1_7903.jpg

only the pipe that you call aeroport we call only pipe, and in most case like 90% of the people plays louder with aeroports than slotport, you must modify the slot to have it good as the aeros, or have this swimmingpool area for not have the portnoise

you dont need a swimmingpool of portarea to get loud, if it so you guys must have some strange air in your country, many over in europe plays 140-150db with a single 4" aero, but the flared port is a big +++! but your pipe looked thick, is it true 4"?

this is how the patented aeroport looks like, http://www.blekingebilradio.se/ProductPopup.aspx?filename=frov-aero1_7903.jpg

only the pipe that you call aeroport we call only pipe, and in most case like 90% of the people plays louder with aeroports than slotport, you must modify the slot to have it good as the aeros, or have this swimmingpool area for not have the portnoise
schedule 40 pvc, .25 inch thick wall

i thought you only needed half the port area with aeros than slot
give or take some.

trust me, that box was a complete night and day diffrence. check out dd's sight on their box building and designs. i even have a box for a 1508, 1cuft tuned to 38hz with 19" of port and it has the same outstanding results.

P4010004.jpg

now some subs dont need or like this much port but the rule of thumb is 16" per cuft of air space. seeing as how aq is the "twin" to dd, i would think this port formula would be near perfect for your app.

also, this may seem stupid but make shure you have both coils wired in phase.(if its a dvc)

iam polish and have goofed that up in the past but at least i have an excuse.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

its basic math and reading skills... if you would have researched your sub and read about it and other like it (DD) you would know that 16-20 square inches of port per cubic foot will accomodate the sub very well. Then you use math to find port size and then build box around your port //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.