hl26 build log- HDC3 10 with sundown 1500

hl26
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Alright so ive begun my build and i will be posting pics as i go! Everything is ordered and has begun arriving and im hoping i can have the install finished by sunday at the latest... Also big thanks to everyone one this forum for answering my million questioins, ive learned everything i know(which isnt much) from you guys......

But anyways now that i have all the sentimental stuff out of the way, let me tell you what i got! I got a alpine 9885 headunt with the ipod cable, all kicker 1/0, box plans from Buckyboy(great guy!), A dual 2 AQ HDC3 10in", a sundown 1500.

The box is tuned to 36 and is getting covered in black vinyl to match the seats, and with go in the center rear seat

**Question!- do i need a second battery along with big three or is big three and a 110 amp alt enough?

So now for the pics!

DSCN0741.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0737.jpg

DSCN0738.jpg

DSCN0739.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0744.jpg

DSCN0745.jpg

how much port is that? seems oh so small to me. maybe im just used to huge ports though.
Here are the specs...

18Wx14Hx16D

1.35ft^3 @ 35Hz

Port Width=1.5

Port Area=18.75

That is a small width port, but the recommendations are...

(1)12-16 square inches of port per cubic foot.

1.35x12=16.2

(2)The W and H of port shouldn't be more than 9 to 1

12.5/1.5=8.333

It does look small, but it should be fine.

Nice build. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

please tell me how the sub performs in that small box...I am doing one((probly twice that suze) and would liek to know how it performs.

After talking to dj thru PMs he did let me know that the hdc3 was made to be able to perform in smaller enclosures as well as big.

And for your ? on a small battery, I would do atleast another one

so i routed out my holes for the sub amd the double baffle today, looks good! ill have pics up tommorow!

also ordered my knu 1/0 for my big 3

box went in today to get vinyled and the remainder of the stuff i need for the install will be here on wednesday! im getting real excited abou this cause it should be done and playing by this weekend!

You might be alright, but more than likely you'll need another battery along with the big 3.

Looks pretty good so far, nice box build.

EDIT: Afterthought, what kind of car is that? Looks nice too. Haha.

EDIT: Afterthought, what kind of car is that? Looks nice too. Haha.
hmm..it looks like a ford to me, i was going to say mustang before i saw the back seats, possibly a scion, maybe a fusion?? just guesses tho..

edit: i think its a bigger car now that i look at the rear seats more. it looks like it fits 3 across in that pic..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.